Monday, July 07, 2008

More McNaught!

I finished Whitney, My Love and enjoyed it... BUT I think the ending could have been altered just a bit. Where Clayton finds the note? I think instead of just going off on a tangent (as I can't imagine a successful businessman and Duke would do) he should have confronted her with the note. It could have still gone along the same lines where he's contemptuous toward her, she leaves, etc., but the whole I'm-pissed-off-at-this-note-but-I'm-an-idiot-and-will-go-off-in-a-huff-rather-than-confront-my-wife thing annoyed the hell out of me. I guess it's the whole "Duke" thing but he really needs to get over himself. LOL It was good, though. I enjoyed it. I liked Whitney and her sass.

So, my grades thus far on the McNaught glom are:

Once and Always: A-
Until You: C+
Every Breath You Take: A
Something Wonderful: A
Almost Heaven: B+
Whitney, My Love: B+
Night Whispers: A-

The two B+ would be A's had there not been asshattery within the book. So far my least favorite is Until You and my reasons are clearly stated here with marked spoilers.

I know I have a TON of newer books to read and some new historical authors to try, but I must finish my glom before moving on. So, while I await Tender Triumph from the library, I shall re-read Someone To Watch Over Me as I remember this being one of my favorite McNaught books. I've also got Remember When, Double Standards, and A Kingdom of Dreams to read before the glom is complete. :-)

3 People Gabbed:

nath said...

Hi Anne :D When did you read Night Whispers? :)

I understand you wanting to finish reading her backlist :D it's just fun to immerge yourself in someone's writing, esp. when it's as good as Judith McNaught :D

Anne said...

Nath- I read Night Whispers a long while back and just skipped the beginning and got to the good part where Sloan meets Noah and so forth and read from there on last night. I forgot how much I love that book. Noah Maitland... he's so very dreamy. LOL

I'm onto Someone To Watch Over Me. I've already read it and have it on my shelf. I got it at the library clearance for $1.99 a while back. So, as I'm reading, I realize I can't remember the whodoneit! I'm enjoying this one. I remember LOVING this one the first time I read it and I love it just as much now. :-)

Soon I will have to get back to the current stuff as I've got the new Linda Howard on my shelf from the library and a few other books I want to try.

nath said...

I love Noah too!!! He was kind of the modern "Jordan" don't you think? I just love that story between Noah and Sloan :)

As for Someone To Watch Over Me, I wasn't a great fan of that one. I think i was anticipating it way too much...