Monday, July 07, 2008

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

I'm very happy to be going to RWA. Last time I went, I went to the Literacy signing. It was amazing! This time, I actually registered, so I'll get to experience more of the conference. More authors, learn more about the industry... a different side of the publishing industry from which I work, which is the academic publishing industry. Different animal, same zoo.

I've got my Amazon Wishlist updated, exported to Excel, sorted by author and in alpha order... and I haven't bought a book in a few weeks. Dying here, people. But I'm saving it for the literacy signing to support the cause. And I'm SO not telling Bob what I spend *g*.

Fun stuff...

7 People Gabbed:

Sarah McCarty said...

Have a wonderful time Lori!!

Sarah

nath said...

Hi Lori!!

I hope you have fun!!! but wait, isn't the RWA at the end of the month? or maybe I'm just confused LOL :)

Shakespeares Sister said...

You're going to have a blast, Lori. For me, the Literacy signing was always the best part. TOTAL submersion in the world of romantic fiction. :-) I would be on the look-out for you if I could make it this year, but unfortunately CA is a long way from FL. However, I'll see you in DC next year. Be there or be square.

Lori said...

Yeah, Nath, it's at the end of the month... your point? *raising eyebrows* LOL!!!

I sure hope I can go to DC, Shelby. Amazingly, it's one of the places I've never been. This may just be the excuse I need to go!

Anne said...

I wish I were able to go this year. It's been so long since we've seen each other and how much fun would we have in San Fran? Dude!

And if you can't go to LF next year, maybe I'll reschedule to go to RWA in DC with you instead.

Stacy~ said...

yay, Lori! I still have to email you - getting there. I am so looking forward to this trip. I've never been to San Fran, so me & my friend Beth have some plans for our stay. Should be a blast.

Rosie said...

Hold the phone... Wish list exported and sorted in Excel? Where have I been? Of course I already HAVE my list but still.

I haven't purchased a lot of books this month either. I think it's too hot out or something. I'm off my "feed".

See you in SF!