Friday, April 17, 2009

The end of an era


We took Steve to Baskin Robbins tonight for ice cream. Jeff is, of course, not home - what else is new? I went to order my usual... Chocolate Mousse Royale. They don't have it - it's out of rotation. *sigh* So I ordered an old favorite. Chocolate Fudge. I was informed that BR does not carry Chocolate Fudge any longer. WHAAAAT???? Seriously?

This is an... abomination, apocalypse (that was Steve's), atrocious, horrifying, and just plain wrong. Who didn't grow up on chocolate fudge and french vanilla? Yeah, you had to pay the extra $0.10 per scoop, but it was soooo worth it.

From the BR site (taken after I got home...), the description:
Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
Ice Cream/Classic Flavors
This chocolate lover's delight since 1946 is made with rich and fudgey Chocolate ice cream bursting with chocolate flavor.

This aint no pansy-ass chocolate ice cream. This is rich and fudgey chocolate ice cream. The dark brown one. Note the "Classic Flavors" and since 1946. So WTF Baskin Robbins? Your website says you have it. Give me my chocolate fudge, and give it to me now!

This message brought to you by your local PMS Anonymous chapter.

1 People Gabbed:

Tracy said...

That's like taking away chocolate chip or rocky road...it just isn't done!!! I hear a letter being written! lol