Thursday, February 12, 2009

The easiest, tastiest recipe ever (plus a note about DoN)

I made the easiest recipe ever for dinner tonight. You don't even have to defrost the chicken. Just yank it out of the freezer in the morning. Always a plus when you're a working mom. Plus, it's a crock-pot recipe. Again, with the plus column.

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
1 can chicken broth

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle dressing mix over them, and pour chicken broth over.

Cook on low 8-10 hours.

How easy is that? It was so delicious. We ate it with noodles and salad, but any side dish would do. It was fall-apart tender.

On a separate note... I finished Dark of Night today. (Thanks Nikki!) It rocked. Yup. And Decker? Totally hot. Just sayin'.

7 People Gabbed:

Nikki said...

What a great recipe, I think I'll have to try! Yeah Decker is hot!! I always thought so! I'm so glad you liked it! We must discuss it in depth later.....

Renee said...

Mmmm... sounds good! Gonna have to try it! :-)

Rosie said...

Love crock pot stuff. No fuss, no muss, easy dinner. Thanks for the recipe. Glad to hear to liked DoN. Would love to swap Decker love. ;)

nath said...

Sounds yummy... I'm hungry now :D

Jenster said...

That must be the easiest recipe ever! I'm definitely going to try it. It's low fat, too! Gotta love that.

Rowena said...

Ooh this sounds yummy, I'm gonna have to try it especially since its so easy! Thanks for the recipe Lori and YUM to Decker too! I loved him in this book. Can't wait to see your thoughts on the book!

Blanche said...

I love these kinds of recipes.....simple, in the crockpot and no defrosting necessary!!


Thanks Lori!!:)