Monday, February 16, 2009

Because I love it, Flashpoint is doomed

Srsly. Every great show that is on that we love seems to get cancelled after only a season or two. We know - if we love it? Kiss of death. We don't watch a ton of TV shows. So when something we watch religiously gets cancelled, we take it personally. Here's our proof:

Freaks and Geeks
Sports Night
Boomtown
Line of Fire
Jericho
Jack and Bobby


So if you haven't seen Flashpoint yet? I highly suggest you watch it. It's so well written and acted... everything. I bet it won't be around very long.

How about you? What shows did you absolutely love that got cancelled after only just a season or two?

5 People Gabbed:

Lea said...

I have sworn off network TV for the exact reasons you mentioned. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was "Moonlight", it was a great show with wonderful actors, script and on screen chemistry between the lead couple.

I watched it every week, when it was on, faithfully, then gone, cancelled, pffft - after ONE season. It wasn't even a full season because of the writers strike!

There have been many, many other shows that I liked and have been cancelled hence your "kiss of death" theory - right On...

So I read instead.

Kara said...

I was going to mention Moonlight too - loved that show.

There are two shows that I have been watching that I really enjoy and hoping they won't get the "kiss of death" - The Mentalist and Lie to Me.

Linda said...

Oh, I really like Flashpoint too. There was a show on TBS (I think) that I really loved, can't remember the name of it, but it was about a woman sports writer who hung out with a group of guys as their buddy. I miss that one. Me three, on Moonlight.

Rosie said...

I'm clueless about TV any more. We used to watch HEROES but that's fallen by the way side. Just can't work up any interest. Trying to do the fit and healthy thing we started swimming in the evenings and it killed TV watching.

GG watches sports occassionally and of course is addicted to BIGGEST LOSER.

Renee said...

Blood Ties and Dresden Files are two that come to mind.

The hard part is that now we tape everything on the dvr, and will watch stuff weeks later. Often, something will get cancelled (like Pushing Daisies) and we'll have a backlog of episodes we haven't seen. It drives me nuts, and I get so bummed, that I can't watch the remaining episodes.