Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Relay for Life time again - crunch time!

Join me in the fight to cure cancer!EDITED: We're hitting crunch time for donations, and I'm only halfway there (the total includes those who have donated by check, and my company's matching donations, neither of which appear in my little thermometer progress bar). A heartfelt thank you to those of you who've already donated. You rock! I only have 3 more weeks to collect donations - I know we can do it!! Please click on the link below, and take the first step toward eradicating cancer. http://main.acsevents.org/goto/loris

It's that time of year again, when I get to hit up everyone I know for donations to support me in my annual Relay for Life walk for the American Cancer Society.

As most of you know, the fight to cure cancer is a cause near and dear to my heart. I'm walking in memory of my grandparents, Bob's grandmother, and Page's mom. This year, the walk is not on my birthday, and hopefully I won't have any business trips that require me to fly in at 1 am just before I walk at 8 am. (That totally sucked!).

Bob's band is playing again this year, and I will time my walk to be at the same time that they play. Last year they didn't play because Page had just lost his mom to leukemia. I'm going to try to get the kids to walk as well this year. Quote Jeff: "If it isn't too early." (meaning before noon!)

Please donate and help to fight this horrific disease. Every last penny counts - so don't feel like you should only donate if it's a huge amount (although I won't say no to large sums of money, LOL!). I have another ambitious goal this year - so PLEASE help me out - your generosity is so appreciated! Last year you all were so generous - you helped me raise more than $1500!

Although my fervent wish is that nobody ever has to walk in memory of somebody they love, I'm sure that cancer has touched all of our lives in some way. Here's how you can sign up to contribute:
Help me find the cure for cancer!




http://main.acsevents.org/goto/loris


Side note: Damn the ACS - last year they had a widget that I put on the side bar so you all could track my progress - this year - nada. I'm still hunting, though...

0 People Gabbed: