Thursday, June 05, 2008

Friday...

I'll be with my mom and dad in Milwaukee. My dad has been having problems since a month or two after he had his heart attack last year (05/2007). He was fine for a while, but then started on a gradual decline. Finally, a couple months ago, they figured out what the problem was... well, part of it anyway. He's in renal (kidney) failure. Sigh. In addition to the fact he had triple bypass last year, in addition to his Parkinson's disease, in addition to his chronic anemia, he's got this. Poor man. He's having biopsies done tomorrow and has to stay overnight just in case of bleeding and when those results come back if the diagnosis isn't clear cut, they'll do a House type thing (You know, the TV show?) and try to figure out what's wrong. So, that's where I'll be on Friday.

That's where I'll be. My sister will be undergoing an EGD (a rather emergent one at that) because she's having trouble swallowing as it burns and hurts. Lovely, right? Hopefully it's something that medication can fix.

*crossing fingers and praying for both of them*

Then on Sunday my oldest, Travis, graduates. So hard to believe it. It seems like yesterday he was just a wee one. So, I might possibly be around on Saturday but who knows. There's going to be a lot of prep work for graduation left to do, so I may not see you all until Monday! GASP!

So, cross your fingers and hope for the best for my pops and my sister, if you will. I appreciate it very much.

HUGS!

4 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Sending big hugs to you. And I'll be thingking of your dad and sister as well.

Hang in there babe. And let me know if I can do anything for you. This weekend is crazy, but I'm still only a phone call away.

Smoochies

Lori T said...

I'll be thinking of you all and sending good vibes your way. I hope they figure out what is wrong with your sister quickly and I hope they narrow down what is wrong with your Dad.

Congrats on your son graduating. Don't they grow up so fast. My oldest daugther turns 21 this year...boy does that make me feel old.

Jenster said...

Hugs, good thoughts and prayers for you, Anne!

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! My fingers are crossed and I'm sending prayers your way Anne