Saturday, July 14, 2007

8 Things About Me, According to Bob

Hi all, I know I've been totally MIA, but I just saw that I got tagged by Holly, so I talked Bob into doing this. His question... "Are there any restrictions?" Nope, I said. Gulp. (Not unless he wants to get lucky tonight (hehehehe).

So, here are the rules:
A. Each player gets a loved one to list 8 facts/habits about the player from the loved one's point of view.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. (I think everyone's already been tagged, so if you haven't already done it, consider yourself tagged!)

One other thing. I promise I'll return with a post about what's been going on in my life. I miss you all, too :) Without further ado, here's my hubby...

1. Lori's second toe is longer than her big toe, on both feet.

2. She knows every word to every song written in the '70's, especially the obscure, one-hit wonder ballads, and anything by Barry Manilow.

3. She can hear a phone number once and remember it for ten to twenty years, but sometimes forgets her PIN code at the grocery store (really, she's called me from the checkstand).

4. Her high school nickname was 7-Up. Never had it, never will (boy did she prove them wrong on that one!).

5. When I met Lori, she was deaf in one ear and legally blind. She had the classic "Coke-bottle" glasses (when she wasn't wearing contacts). Her vision was so bad that when my college roommate took her glasses and put them on, she stood a foot away from him demanding "Where are my glasses?!" Thanks to laser eye surgery for her, and years of loud rock music for me, she can now see and hear better than I can.

6. When we were in college, I could make her laugh by just saying the word "nipples." That doesn't work anymore.

7. She has birthed and raised (with a little help from me) two of the most beautiful, talented, and intelligent children the world has ever seen. She is sometimes critical or doubtful about her parenting, but she is an amazing mom.

8. I often tell Lori she is "The best wife ever" and I always mean it. She tells me and shows me how much she loves me several times a day. She celebrates my triumphs and comforts me through hard times. She listens to me. Unlike many married people, we still have an active, exciting sex life (while my male friends complain about how infrequent sex is with their wives). As a musician, I am often away from home. As a wife, she knows how important music is to me, and knows that it makes me a happier man and a better husband and father. Needless to say, all my friends are jealous, and the single ones often say, "I want what you guys have." She is the best wife ever.

BOB

8 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

#1- Nodding. She told us that one, but I bet it looks funky.

#2- WTF, Lori? Barry MANILOW? You have GOT to talk to Dakota Cassidy.

#3- Me too! I always forget my pin, but I remember phone number like a snap... even long distance!

#4- LOL

#5- Wow! I had NO clue! Thank goodness for laser. yay for you!

#6- LOL I imagine "nipples" isn't a big deal now, what with what she reads and all.

#7- She IS an amazing Mom. Lucky kids.

#8- Sigh. You both are amazing and so utterly perfect for one another. Yay you!

Anne said...

Duh! I forgot to say...HI BOB!

Lori said...

ACK! I've been outed! Yeah, Bob frequently calls me 70s girl. And now the boys call me that, too.

And in college, we used to sit around the table in the dorm cafeteria and all the guys would try to get me to laugh because when I laugh hard I snort. So the big thing was "nipples" and then they could even get me by the end of the semester with "paper towels". Yeah, I'm a freak.

Holly said...

#1 Me too! I had no idea this happened to other people. I thought I was sort of freakish! LOL

#2 I can't say *all* 70's songs, but close. And I happen to like Barry. lol

#3 Me too. It's rather embarrassing.

#5 I never would have guessed

#7 I believe it. You just seem the type. And we seem to share a lot of the same views on parenting.

#8 This made me teary eyed. I hope in 20 years MM will say the same about me.

Stacy~ said...

That is so sweet. You guys sound like a truly wonderful couple - thanx for sharing :)

Rosie said...

How wonderful to know the man you love feels that way about you and can express it so beautifully. Better yet, he knows you feel the same way about him.

Really incredible and it's so beyond words that we get to see and share this with you.

Lori said...

Thanks y'all. #7 makes me laugh. He's not biased or anything. LOL. And, I love that he says "with a little help from me". HA. He's an amazing father. The kids positively adore him. Way more than me. It's the truth. But that's ok. Cause Steve still thinks I'm the most beautiful lady in the world. He told me so.

Jaynie said...

Bob obviously rocks. Very cool list.