Friday, May 25, 2007

And Here's Some More...

crap that's been going on in my life. My sister had a laparoscopically-assisted vagainal hysterectomy on May 2nd and while we were going back and forth to Milwaukee for my dad's heart attack and triple bypass, her incisions started to ooze and get sore. Finally, after yelling at her she went to the doctor. She had an infection. She got the culture results back yesterday and it was Staph. This morning I got a phone call from her asking me to take her to the ER (I won't EVEN go into why her DH didn't take her or else I'll blow a gasket) because she's throwing up and she's got a fever. I take her in. Turns out she's septic(the infection has spread to her blood stream). So they admitted her AT LEAST overnight and are pumping her full of IV antibiotics.

All I can say is ... SIGH.

6 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

{{{{Anne}}}}

Anonymous said...

Jeez woman. I'm sending some extra cyber love your way. I hope you and the rest of yours are healthy very soon.

Holly said...

OMG! That's horrible! I'm so sorry! I'll be keeping y'all in my thoughts. I hope she gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

that just sucks. y'all take a deep breath. things must get better.

Jenster said...

Oh my gosh, Anne. I'm so sorry for your sister. I know she must be miserable. And thank God she has you!!!

Ann said...

Keep the faith, hon. We're rooting for ya!