Wednesday, February 14, 2007

10 Weird Things About Me

Gee, thanks, Lori. I was trying so hard to avoid this one LOL I'm not sure I want everyone to know my freakiness

  1. I have 200+ books on my TBR shelf that I have bought, been given, or traded for. That in itself is kinda weird, but the really weird part of it is that I get the newest releases from my local library and read them before the books I had to get because I wanted to read them so badly. Maybe it's a need to overcompensate for something. *shrug* Who knows.
  2. I have, have, have to read series' in order. Yes, it's true. If I start a book and find that it's part of a series, I put it down, then search out all books in the series, find out the proper reading order, then either locate them at my library or buy them. I see nothing wrong with this and do not think it's anal retentive like Lori, Sarah, and others may say it is. It's just the proper order, and reading out of order causes chaos. Chaos is bad.
  3. I keep track of all the new and upcoming releases, even months in advance, and make a list for myself and for the blog. I do this in order to keep track of the upcoming releases from authors I enjoy, though recently I started adding historicals for Lori and Jen as well as all the historical fans out there.
  4. After nearly 4 years I still feel guilty and cry at the fact that I had to have my German Shepard, Maggie, put to sleep because she had cancer. I remember every single detail of that day vividly and it still breaks my heart. I'm not sure why I feel guilty about it because it was either let her die with dignity or have her suffer for my selfishness, so I went the unselfish route and let her go in peace. See? Tears right now. Sigh. How I'll get past this I've no clue.
  5. I've been married 17-1/2 years, have two teenage boys, and had never been away from them ever until last June at the Lori Foster get together, and even then I wasn't sure it was right. I'm having that same feeling about going this year. How weird is that? When I leave and get away, I have a good time, but up until I do it, I find myself feeling anxious about it, wanting to stay home. Maybe I'm afraid something will happen when I'm gone, who knows. I just know that it's weird.
  6. I have to shower before I go to bed. I can't sleep if I don't. I don't know if it's because I feel dirty or whatever, but I have to shower before I go to sleep.
  7. I have to sleep with a box fan on, for the noise and for the cold air that blows directly on me.
  8. My left thumbnail is short and fat, and my left thumb is shorter than the right one, and I'm embarrassed by it. I used to bite my nails as a kid and my mom told me that this is a result of that. Not sure if I believe it, but I haven't tried to prove her wrong either.
  9. In spite of the rumors he's gay, the fact that he just got married, and his wife is pregnant, I am still a die hard Jeff Gordon fan.
  10. When I go to McDonald's, I'll order a Quarter Pounder with cheese meal with a diet Coke. Yes, I'm one of those people, but not for the reason you think. I don't like sugar soda because of the grit I get on my teeth. I can't stand it. If by chance I get a craving for a regular Coke or Dr. Pepper, I'll brush my teeth when I finish drinking it.
So, those are my freaky things. I'll tag:
Sarah
KarenS
Ann Wesley Hardin
Jenster
Anyone else who hasn't done this yet, consider yourself tagged.

4 People Gabbed:

reviewer said...

Yes, chaos is bad. Very very bad.
I read in order as well.
I don't like being tricked about it either! For instance, I just finished Lora Leigh's Dangerous Games.
The back of the book says This first novel in Lora Leigh's brand-new romantic suspense series about Navy SEALS - featuring one of a few good men who knows how to fight with all his might...especially for the women he loves.
Soooooo not true.
'Honk if you love real men' is the name of the anthology that features the story of Raven and Reno..the best friend and sister to the couple in Dangerous Games. DG's entire story has to do with stuff that went down in HIYLRM.
I have not read the HIYLRM men anthology.
A lot of what happened in the anthology was mentioned in DG's, so now I have to go out and buy HIYLRM and read the actual first story so that I am not left with this annoying feeling of having unanswered questions. Dammit.

Lori said...

LOL - you series sluts crack me up. Not to make fun of your idiosyncrasies or anything, honest. That just happens to not be one of mine. Now, if your TP were on backwards, look out!!!! *snort*

I do the diet coke thing, too, Anne. Regular soda is too sweet for me.

And, as for # 4, being a grown up really sucks, doesn't it? The first time I had to make that decision as an adult, I was 7 months pregnant. Hormones raging. It was for the cat I had owned since I was 13. (I was 29, preg w/Steve). I still cry over him, and I still sometimes feel like a murderer, even though I know that's crazy. He was an awesome cat. I still cry over our other cat, too, who we put down 4 years later. Yup, being the adult sucks.

Jenster said...

You mean people actually read series out of order?? That's just wrong. I've actually loosened up a bit. I used to try to collect an entire series before I started reading. But I got too impatient.

BTW - I've already done this one. :o)

Ann said...

Blech. You're the second person to tag me. I'll get to it. I'll get to it!!