Monday, February 12, 2007

10 weird things about me

Tagged by Holly...

  1. I have to put the toilet paper on the roller so that it rolls from the bottom, not the top. I've been known to change the TP in other people's houses, in public restrooms, and have chastised my children and husband if they forget and put it on the wrong way.

  2. I frequently walk into things. Doorknobs are the worst, because they are right at arm level, but Jeff's favorite story is when I was walking him to elementary school years ago and walked right into a Stop sign.

  3. I'm completely deaf in one ear. Not necessarily weird, since I was born that way, but there it is. I do tend to stare at people's mouths when they talk (lip reading) and make them walk on one side of me, which freaks some people out LOL.

  4. I have almost completely lost my sense of smell. Living with 3 males and a flatulent dog, this can be a good thing, but when something really good is cooking, I kinda miss it.

  5. I'm completely ambidextrous.

  6. (Disclaimer - I'm told that my hubby's friends say this is weird - and unfair - , but I'm not so sure...) I enjoy sex with my husband, maybe even more than he does, even after 22 years. And more often than not, I would rather give than receive, if you get my meaning...

  7. My laugh. Remember Horshack from Welcome Back, Kotter? Get me going, and I'm likely to break out in a Horshack laugh and then snort. Dinner is usually one big competition to see who can get me going first.

  8. I still break out every single month. Big-ass zits. Like I was 17. What's up with that? I'm fricken' 40. Sheesh.

  9. One of our goldfish is named Whitey. Bob once asked if the others should have equally racist names (the little shit), but I stand by my name. Poor Whitey lost all his color the week we got him for some reason. Hence, the name. One of the others is named Gorby because he has a splotch right up on his forehead just like his namesake. But they're obviously happy, given that we've had them and their other 5 brothers (sisters?) for 4 years.

  10. My dog is gay. As the day is long. Her cousin dog (my brother's dog)? Also gay. Teddi is 55 pounds of solid muscle. Golden retriever-Corgi mix. Looks like a Golden chopped off at the knees, with the Corgi personality. She is wicked fierce. Lifts her leg to pee. Now Champ (who on earth would saddle a big dog with the name Champ for crying out loud?) is part Great Dane and part Horse (I swear, he is). Anyway, he freaks out when the cat hisses at him. Whines like a sissy. He sits with his legs crossed. I swear it. And squats to pee. Issues, people, the both of them. Bob is writing a song for the next album called "My dog is gay."


I'll tag:
Jen
Anne
Lauren
Chantal
And anyone else that hasn't done this yet and feels like sharing their freaky stuff...

3 People Gabbed:

Jenster said...

#1 - My accounting teacher in highschool skipped an entire lesson one day to discuss the appropriate placement of the toilet paper roll. I'm in the other camp - it needs to come from the top. LOL

#6 - I'm about at the same place as you - 41yo, with DH for the last 23 years, etc. According to most of my friends, yes. You are weird. LOL I can relate. :o)

Anonymous said...

LOL, okay! I'll do it on Friday.

reviewer said...

Aw man, you tagged me. Meanie,

#6-Right on sister! I have been married 11 years and we still have sex very often. Almost every day! The days we do miss, we make up for it big time.