Thursday, September 14, 2006

Catching Up...

Well, Lori and Rosie are making me want to give the book (Heart Throb) another shot... so I will. I only read the beginning... maybe it'll get better as I get into it. I think maybe, for me, the beginning is dragging, and once things get rolling rather than during this whole "set up" it'll be more interesting. Hmm. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, Rosie, I'm tired... that's putting it mildly. I'm getting used to getting up early again. During summer when the kids are off school, I normally start work around 8:00 or 9:00 so I don't have to get out of bed so early, but now I'm starting at 6:30 and it's taking some getting used to, that's for sure. And then it's getting paid by the line and working my ass off to make any decent money at all. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted. So exhausted in fact that I haven't talked to my parents I think in two or three weeks. Yikes. They live right across town and are just a phone call away, but by the end of the day, I just want to zone out.

And there's stuff going on with the DH at work making his job hectic and crazy so he comes home in a pissy ass mood and taking it out on everyone... the stress level in this household has grown by leaps and bounds over the last two months and it's definitely taking a toll.

And... I'm almost done perfecting my chapters to send them off for those who requested partials and also I'm going to query some other agents and publishers as well. Might as well get it out there as far and wide as I can so I can have better odds of getting this thing published. I can't wait to move on past this book and onto the next story.

Okay... off to finish chapter two and move on to chapter three so I can get these chapters the hell out of here. LOL

3 People Gabbed:

Linda said...

{{{Anne}}} Sorry things have been so tense lately. (Is that putting it too mildly?) Glad to hear you're getting back to your book - it's about time. *BG*

Rosie said...

Yikes!! I'm tired just reading about what's going on in your life. My hat is off to you for keeping it all going and working so hard. The hard work seems to last forever, but I have no doubt that we will be celebrating your success with you very soon.

Take care of yourself.

Kristie (J) said...

If you're talking Heart Throb by Suzanne Brockman, then I say keep reading. I loved this one. I know she's committed to writing her military/FBI books, but I wish just once in a while she would write a regular one 'cause Hearthrob is excellent!