Friday, August 04, 2006

Condolences to an Amazing Woman

Kristie (J)'s husband finally lost his battle with cancer. I send my heartfelt condolences. That isn't what prompted me to post, though. Kristie's message letting us all know is what did it. I stand in awe. What a beautiful tribute and loving message of remembrance. Kristie, your memory of meeting and falling in love with Ron put a smile on my face, even as my heart was breaking for you. I know that he is in a much better place, and no longer in any pain, but I'm sure that doesn't make waking up alone any easier. So, I hope you know that we send our prayers and support for you and your family. And my heartfelt prayer for you is that those wonderful memories of Ron continue to carry you and your children through this time, and sustain you through the years to come. May you always remember the fun, romantic, long-haired 'hippie' you fell in love with, and the wonderful 30 years that you shared together.

3 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

She gave him a wonderful tribute on her blog and it's beautiful.

Kristie, you've got my deepest sympathies on your loss. (((HUGS)))

Kristie (J) said...

Thank you. There's more to come. It's hard to pack over 30 years into one post. And there were not so good times also - I said warts too :) It's good for me to do it because so much of what I'm remembering right now is the past few months when he was so sick. Going back to the beginning is making me smile and appreciate what we were able to do and overcome, understand and accept. And your forgot hot! If I can find our picture albums then you can all see *grin*

Anonymous said...

I posted on your blog but I want to post here. My deepest sympathies.

And also, waht a wonderful tribute to how love can take the most normal aspects of ourselves and transform them into something amazing when we present them as a gift of our heart to someone else.