Thursday, August 10, 2006

Why do I torture myself??? Love, of course

So I'm responsible for setting up my husband's web site for his band. Silly me, I have to get all fancy. A guest book. A blog. Converting their mailing list to a database. The whole 9 yards. And can I do anything the easy way? Hell, no! Do I set the blog up on Blogger with all the stuff I know how to use? No. I decide to use Word Press, because I've heard such awesome things about it. Great!

Except, I apparently used a plug-in that my theme didn't like, and it ate the whole thing. I struggled with the damn thing for days, and finally gave up. I deleted it and went with a different theme. I'm not all that thrilled with it, because it's a more limited theme. I can't use half of the plug-ins I could on the other one. Oh well. And for some reason, I can't access some of the pages, like the one where you can customize your comments. Crapola.

The guys don't care, of course - none of them have even seen a blog before *g* - but being the perfectionist I am, I'm all pissed off. Anyway, the new CD is almost done - they just finished tracking last night. All that's left is to mix it down and press the CDs. Then, I have to create the shopping cart and put all the CDs and songs in it, because they want to make each individual song available as a download, too. Oy. So, check it out... www.marycarvesthechicken.com, listen to a few songs (they're still free till I'm satisfied they've worked out all the tax implications of selling all their stuff online - heh, heh, since I'm in charge of the website, I decide when the shopping cart gets turned on), and let me know what you think of my mild-mannered teacher hubby's life dream. And see why I've been so scarce lately.

4 People Gabbed:

Kristie (J) said...

Rats - it ate my comment. It looks like you've really done some excellent work on their website. I checked out the listen to their music section and I really like their sound. They do have an odd name though :) And most important - which one is your hubby!!

Anne said...

That's AWESOME Lori! I listened to some of the tunes... very cool stuff. What instrument does Bob play? Guitar? Does he sing too? Details lady! LOL

Lori said...

Kristie, my hubby is Bob - he's the guitar player and he sings backup vocals as well. He and Page (the bass player and primary vocalist) collaborate on all the songwriting.

Rosie said...

Lori, good for you. Your guy is lucky to have you help him out. It looks like you've done alot of work for the band. Congrats and good luck!!!