Saturday, July 29, 2006

I've been tagged....

OK, I'm a little late with this. I've got good reason. Honest. I got sent last minute on a business trip. And I do mean last minute. Like walk into the office on Monday morning and turn around and pack your bags and be on a plane Monday afternoon last minute. Was in London for over a week. Talk about jet lag. Then came home to rolling blackouts. We've had our power on and off for the last 5 or 6 days. Ugh. Then, finally, when it cools down a smidge, you know, to the mid 90s, some guy hit a power pole with his car yesterday afternoon and we were without power from 4pm until 3am. Double ugh. So... Here I go...

When did you start blogging and why?
Well, Jen asked me to join her blog I Just Finished Reading... almost a year ago. I thought it would be fun to share my thoughts on the books I'd been reading, so... but it was scary!

Then Anne asked me to join her on Let's Gab. heh heh...

What don’t you talk about?
Well, at I Just Finished Reading... we don't dis anyone, we just give our opinion. The URL says it all. Don't Talk, Just Read. We try to be fair and honest, but we also don't get involved in flame wars or any of the other nasty stuff going on in blogland. But, I surely do enjoy reading it elsewhere *bg*. I'd just be really uncomfortable contributing to it.

On Let's Gab, there is nothing off limits. Although, I do find myself still stuck in my role of peacemaker, trying to be the calming influence occasionally. But really, where else could I talk about my poor child growing hair in places he never had it before? As I said... nothing really off limits *g*.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Yup. I'd say so. I'm kind of the class clown, and I think that shows through in a lot of what I write. A little sarcasm here and there, a little humor. If you can't laugh, life really isn't worth living. It makes those really rough times just a little easier to bear, and the rest of it all much nicer, too.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?
Holy cow. I have met so many wonderful people through the blogosphere. For a long time in my job, I was doing a ton of research online. My motto was always click through those links! Well, it works the same way here. By clicking through everyone else's links, I've found some terrific reader's blogs and met some great people. But, I also gotta agree with JB, the friends that I've made through Sarah's reader's group are the ones that I count among my best.

How would you describe your writing style?
Pretty much just like me. I try to make it that way. It was hard in the beginning, because I come from a time when writing was about proper grammar, style and form. It's been really difficult to let go of a lot of that, and just write in a more conversational style. But nobody wants to read a snooty, stick-up-the-butt reader review anyway. And that wouldn't make my child's pit-hair very interesting either LOL.

I can't tag anyone else, becaue everyone I know has already been tagged. So I say, let it die a graceful death. Hopefully, this is not against all the blogger tagging rules. Hopefully some nasty chain mail curse from hell won't come down on me and strike me down in my sleep. But if I disappear again, you'll know what happened.