Monday, July 31, 2006

Angie's July TBR Challenge: Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Yes, I'm cutting it close. I couldn't find a book that I wanted to blog about... I could have done one of JD Robb's In Death series books, but I just didn't want to... so, instead, I chose Angels Fall by Nora Roberts.

Title: Angels Fall.

Author: Nora Roberts.

Year published: 2006.

Why did you get this book? Nora Roberts is one of my all-time favorite authors. I ready EVERYTHING she puts out.

Do you like the cover? Yes. Nice scenic background with the author's name and the title boldy done in gold. Well done.

Did you enjoy the book? I LOVED this book! I give it an A. Ms. Roberts does a fantastic job. I'm not going to summarize, but rather use the blurb and a few quotes from the book.

The Hero: Here's how the heroine describes Brody when she's at a salon getting her hair done... and this fits him to a T (page 231).

"So now, tell meabout the man in your life." Serge began to clip and snip. "You must have one."
"I guess I do." My God, she had a man in her life. "He's a writer. We're just really starting to be together. "
"Lust. Excitement. Discovery."
"A smile flickered over her face. "Exactly. He's smart, self-reliant, and likes my cooking. He... well, he maskes this incredible patience under pithy comments. He doesn't treat me like I'm breakable, and people were, for too long. And because he doesn't, I don't think of myself that way as much. As breakable."


The heroine, Reece Gilmore, she's got a severe case of PTSD after a shooting in a restaurant where she used to work. Twelve of her closest friends, all of whom she considered family, were killed and she was the only survivor after being shot in the chest twice. She had a breakdown, went into the psych ward for a few months, and since then she's been on the go. Never settling in one place for too long. But when she gets to Angel's Fist, Wyoming, she finds the perfect place for her. Small town, people know everything about everyone in the town, every one is like family.

Then she witnesses a murder. No evidence was left at the scene, but she knows what she was was real and not part of her imagination. She wasn't regressing back to the point where she was a year ago. Was she? Strange things start happening to Reece, and she begins to wonder. But she's got Brody who believes in her, and Joanie, her boss, who believes in her too. So she doesn't give up... and the fact that she doesn't could cost her her life.

The story was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. I can't say enough about it.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? No, not a new author to me, and I will definitely be reading more from this author.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? I got it from the library, so it has to go back. But I will be buying this book for my keeper shelf. I've got two shelves of Nora Roberts books that are keepers... and this one fits right in. : )

Anything else? You have got to read this book. It's Nora Roberts in prime form.

Books by NR set for release in 2006:
Morrigan's Cross 09/20 (1st in Circle Trilogy)
Dream Makers- Untamed/Less of a Stranger(Reissues: 2-in-1) 10/01
Dance of the Gods 10/05 (2nd in Circle Triology)
First Impressions 11/01
Valley of Silence 11/02 (3rd in Circle Trilogy)

3 People Gabbed:

dancechica said...

Hmm...I haven't read Angels Fall but I do like her J. D. Robb stuff. I'm kind of looking out for Morrigan's Cross this fall. She's writing vampires in it and I think it might be interesting. I'd definitely like to see what she does with them (esp. since I'm such a vamp fan ;)

Lori said...

I'm not a huge NR fan, but this one actually sounds pretty good :) Perhaps I'll giver her a 2nd chance (ok, it's really a 3rd or 4th chance, but you get my drift).

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work 1971 88 delta oldsmobile