Thursday, April 06, 2006

American Idol

So, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about all this... Mandisa leaving and Paris in the bottom three. Yeah, I know they didn't perform up to their usual standards, but man! Kicking her off for one performance seems kinda harsh.

It seems, for once, people are voting on performance rather than favorites which is how it should be and that's exactly what I do. So, it's getting down to the nitty gritty, and if the contestants don't perform well, they are in jeopardy of getting not getting the votes they need.

So, next week they sing songs from Queen. Should be interesting. I can see Chris, Bucky, Elliot, and Taylor doing well... they've got the voices for that. The iffy ones will be... Ace, Katharine, Kellie, and Paris. I hope they pick the right songs... either that or they're gone.

What are your thoughts on this week's results?

3 People Gabbed:

Ann said...

I was shocked at the bottom three! Bucky needs to be voted off fer sure, and Katharine is, imho, missing some sort of magical spark despite her gorgeous voice.

Right now I'm leaning toward Chris as the Idol. However, his eyes always look dead to me. Kinda zombiefied. I don't know. It's up for grabs.

But I agree with you, Anne. Now people are voting on performance, which is how it should be.

Anonymous said...

Mandisa's off? Bummer. What the hell is bucky still doing there then?

Joni said...

I'm looking forward to this week of Chris singing Bohemian Rhapsody as Constantine did a great job of singing last year! It's a hard song to sing solo without all the vocals with it, but he should be able to pull that off! I don't see Bucky pulling any of Queen songs off, but time will tell. Paris would do well with Another One Bites the Dust, Katharine will probably try "Best Friend!" Kellie will probably say, "Who are they? And then pick a song and not know how it should come out, or listen to it before trying to sing it right! hehehe Ace will probably pick "We Are The Champions" in falsetto when it isn't supposed to be sung that way..haha. Not sure what Taylor will try - just can't seem to pin that boy down, but he does sing well the songs meant for him to sing and should do well with Queen more so than the one ol John Boy Denver made popular..LOL Elliot may not pull the song choice from this band off this week, and very easily see him in the bottom three. When all's said and done I see either Bucky or Ace leaving this week...don't know why, just a feeling! But I've been wrong before (not often, mind you) I got the first two ousts right so far..LOL