Tuesday, April 18, 2006

American Idol... pleasantly surprised

So, what I assumed to be a horrifying experience turned out to be not so bad after all. The songs weren't my favorites but those who I figured would perform well, did...

Chris was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC! Man, I knew he could sing, but tonight he showed the depth of his talent.

Paris was superb! That little girl is so amazing! You never know what you're gonna hear come outta that tiny little body next!

Taylor... normally he repulses me when he dances, but he sang so fabulously that I didn't even notice that he was dancing like an idiot. He seriously needs lessons

Elliott... Ugh. He was okay, but he can only sing that one way and I have to agree with Simon... the dude has no personality.

Kellie--- HA! I laughed.. the perfect little ditzy blonde screwed up royally. Was she sharp and off key or what? Oye. Where were the ear plugs?

And after that... I don't know what happened because I had to pick up my son from Driver's Ed. Damn it! Why on American Idol nights? Doesn't that instructor know better for God's sake?

My DH said Katharine did great and Ace did better than usual... but he's a fan of Katharine's body and doesn't care for Ace so who knows if he's telling me the truth or his version of the truth

So my picks for the bottom three are: Elliott, Kellie, and Ace.

What do you think?

2 People Gabbed:

Joni said...

Trying this again as the last didn't take. You were spot on on the other contestants it was like I was listening to myself out loud..LOL Ace did better than I expected and he dressed up tonight in a suit and had his hair greased back into a pony tail...so presentable and tasteful, but weird at the same time. As for Katharine: "Katharine made the other contestants look like amateurs" is what Simon said..she ended tonight with a bang in my opinion...does that help you now than what your hubby commented on? hahaha

I love all your commentaries on my all-time favorite reality show (well..other than The Bachelor, which I mostly watch for comic relief than anything else). Keep up the great work!

Joni

Kristie (J) said...

What you said!!! And then what Joni said on Ace and Katherine. Simon even liked Ace's performance and Katherine was incredible - absolutely incredible. I thought it went much better than I thought it would too!