Sunday, January 22, 2006

Last Week's Poll Results

Well, it looks like there is a three-way tie for favorite genre. Here are the results:

Contemporary..... 6
Romantic Suspense.... 6
Paranormal..... 6
Historical ..... 5
BDSM..... 3
Futuristic/Sci-Fi..... 2
Time Travel (Past) ..... 2
Romantic Comedy ..... 2
Chick Lit ..... 0
Mystery/Thriller ..... 0

Looks like Chick Lit and just plain Mystery/Thriller without the romance don't appeal to most of us.... I definitely have to have some romance in my books... otherwise what's the point? I prefer more romance than sex in my books too.

How about you?

3 People Gabbed:

Jennifer B. said...

Laughing. How are we ever going to know which alpha truly reigns when you give us an out like that? LOL All of the above...well, duh. *g*

Lori said...

Yup - I totally agree, Anne. I need a little romance in my romances *g*.

And, sorry to say, chick lit has never done it for me... ever. Too much... not sure what... can anyone put it into words?

Anne said...

Jen- Well, I had to lay out all the options there. While we will never know who is TRULY the favorite Alpha of Sarah's, I just knew that people wouldn't vote if I didn't have an "All Of The Above" category. *G*

Lori- For me... some, not all, Chick Lit is has an immature feel to it... not at all how a woman would deal with things unless she's between the ages of 18 and 22 and really, really immature for her age. It seems to strike me as improbable that someone in their late 20s and 30s or even 40s would act that way. Yeah, I act goofy and silly with my girlfriends sometimes, but not on a daily basis... so it's not realistic... if that makes any sense?