Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sharon Sala

The woman is a genius. I am reading a whole shit load of her backlist stuff that I got from the library(I've got the time since I'm sick).. I read A Place To Call Home and Mission: Irresistible now I'm reading Roman's Heart then I've got Royal's Child on the agenda after that and then Finders Keepers and then whatever else I can get my hands on from the amazing author who pulls me into her stories.

In A Place To Call Home the hero is a man who as a child was physically and mentally abused by his drunken bastard of a father. At the age of 10, Judd Hanna was hiding under the basement stairs from his father, who came home drunk and pissed off after being fired from another job. Go figure, right? Anyway, he gets home and looks for the liquor bottles and the aren't there.. Judd dumped them out. So, he's screaming for Judd and then goes down in the basement and finds him and beats the shit out of him. Judd looks at Joe and tells him that he's going to kill him in his sleep. Well, his dad freaks out and that's the last Judd sees of his dad.

Now, Judd's a cop whose partner just died and out of control. So, his Captain tells him to go see the shrink or he's done career-wise and until he's cleared by the shrink he's on medical leave. So Judd turns in his badge and bails. He's driving with no specific destination in mind, but in a little town in Wyoming finds the family he didn't realize he was searching for. Charlotte, the heroine, Rachel, the heroine's daughter, and Wade, the heroine's brother who is the local Sheriff. Wade asks Judd if, while he's there, to help out on a kidnapping case and Judd, of course, does. When Judd and Wade are in the middle of the case, Wade offers Judd a job, and Judd is more than tempted to accept.


One day he's standing outside watching the heroine, Charlotte, weed flowers in her flower bed, and watching Charlotte's little girl Rachel play in the dirt and he sees a jet flying over head and he thinks, those people don't realize that right now they're flying over Heaven. *sniffle* One liners like this are part of what make Sharon Sala a phenomenal author, one whom I can't get enough of.

Judd and Charlotte fall in love and he tells her there is one thing he needs to take care of before he can be truly whole.. he needs to see Joe Hanna. He goes to see Joe and when Joe tells him that he'll never be the man he is, Judd tells his dad thank you, that he that was the best thing he could ever tell him. So, Judd resigns from his current job on the Tulsa PD, packs up his things, and goes home. Home to his family.


I recommend Sharon Sala books, any book, to anyone out there who is looking for a gripping love story that will have you turning page after page in anticipation of what comes next. I recommend Sharon Sala to anyone looking for a poignant happily ever after.

3 People Gabbed:

Karen Scott said...

I love Sharon Sala too, The Way To Yesterday and Sweetbaby are still my fave Sala books!

Karen Scott said...

BTW, who won the last poll?

Jennifer B. said...

I've never read Sharon Sala. But will now. Thanks Anne!