Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What's the deal with the DMV anyway?

Okay, I get to the DMV at 1:30 p.m. thinking the lunch rush is over, right? Not so. When I get in, I had to take a number. I'm number 60. They're on number 38. What the hell? At first I was just gonna leave, but I said, nah, I'll wait and see how quickly they move, right? I mean how long can it possibly take? Well, let me tell you just how long it can take! I sat there for 40 minutes and they were only on number 43!!!!

It's ridiculous I tell you! SIX, count them SIX windows/booths where a clerk could help someone, but do they fill all those windows/booths? HELL NO! There are TWO clerks back there working and a room full of people. Who arranged this system? And how the hell did they find it to be efficient or effective? (or did they even care? Probably not)

Needless to say, I couldn't make myself sit there and stew about the inefficiency of the DMV, so I got up and left. My driver's license will expire tomorrow. Looks like it's going to have to wait til I can get there again. Maybe Friday, if I cancel my lunch plans with my best friend, and if I can force myself to do so. SHEESH!

1 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

It's a well known fact that the DMV is actually the lab of evil aliens who delight in torturing the poor unsuspecting humans that go like sheep to the slaughter through its doors. *BG*