Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Left at home... probably wise

Nothin' too exciting here. Feeling blue that I didn't get to go to RWA this year. Hoping that Wendy, Rosie, Kristie, Jill, and Barbara (the last two I haven't met yet, Boohoo!) are having a great time.

In the meantime, I have transferred all my ebooks to my new laptop. Yay! And just to make sure that my new Microsoft Reader worked, I bought The Surgeon's Lady at eHarlequin.com. And then to make sure I could download the books and hook up my ebookwise properly, I went and bought Love is in the Heir at ebookwise.com for $1.79! These things are very important, you know, LMAO!! All in the name of testing, you see.

Then I transferred over half my pictures, but my memory card got full. Then Jeff decided it was time to do some of his gazillion summer assignments, so the rest of the pictures and my music will have to wait until tomorrow. Have I told you all about Jeff's summer assignments? Yikes. I'll have to post about that, but it'll probably be over at LITHOT.

My really old brain is having a meltdown. I got a surprise in the mail today. A copy of Relentless from the fabulous Lauren Dane!! Yay me! Problem is, I can't remember if I won a contest, or if Lauren was just being her wonderful self and sent it to me. I think I won a contest somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't remember where! Anyone? If I won your contest, let me know. LOL!

Oh, and last but not least, this last weekend, I met Tracy and Nikki for lunch and book shopping. We started at Borders, where we all bought books and Nikki bought the cutest bags for her and her daughter. Then we had a great lunch at CPK, then traipsed on over to a little UBS in the neighborhood, where I spent $15 and got about 6 books. I don't recall what I got, but hopefully, you'll see some reviews up for some of them. But honest, they were good! Heh.

Then, of course, I went and spent a small fortune on my new laptop! Yay me! Which I'm sitting on the couch and typing this post on. Woot!

That's all I've got going on. What's new with you?

1 People Gabbed:

nath said...

LOL, testing your new toy is very, very important. Very :) So the money was well-spent :)

So lucky you got to meet Tracy and Nikki again :) and lunch... sounds great.

Nothing new for me... :(