Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unemployed--Beware Rant and Swearing Ahead


I'm unemployed, as of last Thursday. Pfffft. Employers suck. They USED me. USED ME. I went to work in-office when slated for a home-based position (gave up my blog time!!!). Yeah. I did THEM a FAVOR... and after 8 months (FIVE MONTHS longer than they anticipated) I get FIRED. Fired. Fired. Fired. 'Scuse my language but... BASTARDS (was thinking the F word but thought this would be better).

Let me tell you one other thing. Last November I moved out and am now officially on my own. So, seeing as I moved out and am TRYING to survive on my income * snort * I am so fucked. Seriously. And depending on what they put down for why they "let me go", I may not qualify for unemployment. All this ONE MONTH before my TEN YEAR anniversary. Bastards.

I am not the first they have done this to nor will I be the last. Again... BASTARDS.

My thoughts and reasonings... they went to editing versus transcribing and now that the system is up and running (with MY help--BASTARDS) they are thinking ahead to the fact that we are going to be twice as productive with the same amount of work and are starting to find reasons to get rid of people. BASTARDS.

So what can I do? All I can do is hope I qualify for unemployment and that I find another job soon. In the meantime, I am writing and hoping to get this book done to get to my agent. A book contract would be awesome... but not holding my breath. Sigh.

So much suckage.

8 People Gabbed:

KateS said...

OMG! BASTARDS! What are they thinking? They're going to recognize they've lost one of the best people they had! Jerks.

Wendy said...

Oh that sucks. That sucks hard core. I'm really sorry Anne.

Blanche said...

I'm so sorry!!!!!

Anne said...

OMG, LOLing... I've gotten almost all of you to say bastards. Heh. but that's what they are. Total effing bastards.

Thank you all so much. MUAH!

nath said...

Awww, Anne. Sorry to hear about your job :( I hope you find one quickly!!!

Anonymous said...

Bastards! I hope you find something even BETTER soon Anne!

Nikki said...

me too. Bastards. Better yet, rat bastards.
I hope you find something better and can drive by and give those bastards the finger.
Uh, do you drive? That would make it more effective when driving by giving the finger. It's just not the same message when you are sitting shotgun.

Chantal said...

Oh, Anne, I'm sorry :(
The same thing happened to my brother.

BASTARDS!