Sunday, February 08, 2009

Good friends + Good Books = Good Times

We had another SoCal Blogger meetup today, and had some newbies join us. Woohoo!! We were quite the crowd. A good time was had by all. Lisabea was in from the East Coast, and brought her frigid weather with her. Yes, I said frigid. It was somewhere in the low 50s. Brrrrrrr.... We have thin skin here in SoCal.

We started off in Borders, where I picked up Shattered, When a Stranger Loves Me, Montana Creeds: Logan, and Scandal. Loving life! Then we moved on to PF Changs, where we sat for hours, ate, and talked books, books, and more books. Then we hit the parking lot for our regular book swap, where Nikki tried like hell to give away Second Chance Pass (an almost wallbanger for her), Holly tried to give away a couple she hated (I forget what they were), and I tried to pawn off Chasing Stanley - the only book ever to inspire me to write a scathing review, all with no luck. The Frazier Park, CA library will be loving life once all our leftovers make their way up there (Thanks, Tracy!!). Lots of other books changed hands, though, much to our mutual pleasure.

I'm so glad that Renee and Blanche could join us this time, and hope our loud, obnoxious selves didn't intimidate them *g*. Can't wait to do it again, everyone!

I encourage you to see who is in your area, and get together. It's da bomb!


From L to R:
Blanche, Holly, Me (hidden), Daphne, Tracy, Lisabea, Wendy, Rosie, Nikki, Alice, Renee

9 People Gabbed:

Kristie (J) said...

It's great that you got together and I'm so green with envy!!

Lea said...

I think it's wonderful you all were able to get together and enjoyed such a wonderful time.

Regards
L

nath said...

Sooo lucky!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! :) I'll be back later this year in California, I hope we'll be able to meet then :)

Lori said...

Nath, you have to make sure to let me know when you're in LA! We'll definitely get together :)

Kristie, I saw you're planning another Canadian get together. Awesome!

Lea, you should see who's in your area and plan something! It's a blast!

Wendy said...

Whenever anyone finds themselves in So. Cal. they really need to e-mail one of us. I love meeting up with bloggers who are visiting our area for whatever reason.

Yeah Nath! Our modest "little" group as grown since the last time you were out - so definitely keep us posted on your travel dates!

Tracy said...

Nath definitely let us know! I'd love for all of us to get together!

Had so much fun this past weekend! Everyone is so nice and it's wonderful to sit and talk books for hours! :)

Holly said...

Ok, finally got my post finished. Lori, you're actually visible in my picture. YAY! =)

Renee said...

Yes, Nath! We'll show you all the best book spots! (and eating and gabbing spots!)

I had so much fun, and felt so welcomed! Thanks, guys!

Blanche said...

I had such a wonderful time meeting all of you and I can't wait until the next time we can get together!! Thank you so much to all of you for allowing me to join in on the fun!! :)

Next time I'm bringing a ton of books with me!!