Saturday, September 06, 2008

REVIEW: Dark Thirst- Sara Reinke


When I got the opportunity by Ms. Reinke to review her books, my first reaction was VAMPIRES! Yay! Something new, something different! I wasn't wrong.

BLURB (per Sara's website): Brandon Noble is one of the Brethren, an ancient clan of ruthless vampires. Horrified by his birthright, Brandon shuns the ritual of the first kill, earning his family's lasting wrath. When he finds love wit a woman named Angelina--forbidden among the Brethren--his fate is sealed. Can Brandon protect Angelina from his enemies--and his own dark thirsts?

My Verdict: As you all know I don't go into storyline details because I tend to give away too much info, i.e, spoilers. So, my thoughts on Dark Thirst. First and foremost, let me say that I agree with Azteclady when she says this reads more like an Urban Fantasy (but with romance) than a straight paranormal romance because of the depth of the storyline and world building.

That said, Dark Thirst was very different from books I've read of late--and in a really good way. The book was dark, gritty, and Ms. Reinke wrote the book her own way... not the same templated style that we see so often, but in a manner that had me applauding her for stepping outside the lines of the "norm".

I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Thirst and look forward to Dark Hunger.

My grade: B+.

READ AN EXCERPT HERE.


2 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Anne!!!!!!!!!!! There you are!!!! You came up for air! Welcome back from the dark side of the office.

I've missed you, even though we've talked. You need to come around here more often!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anne!

I'm sorry it took me a week to find your review. I'm so tickled that you enjoyed the book! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and review "Dark Thirst" and look forward to your thoughts and feedback on "Dark Hunger."

:) Sara Reinke