Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been quite a while...

Okay, so I've been crazy absent on this blog, as well as the Great Scotts one. Sigh. But I have a good reason, I swear!

First, let me finally welcome Lori T. to the blog! Yes, it's been that long that I've been away, lol. We all have lives, so it's great to have another member here to share their thoughts with us. Welcome! :-)

But let me just show you some fun pictures of what's been keeping me away from you wonderful people:

The babester at about 2 weeks old
Me and the cutie at a wedding a couple weeks ago

My ridiculously handsome boy at one month
So he is the reason I've been away! I can't seem to get more than a few minutes on the computer at a time. I'm trying to get a shower in, get some online work done, hold him when he's fussy, just stare at him for hours on end... :-P

I have to say being a mother is more than I ever thought it would be. It was a bumpy road to get here, but it's amazing the immediate love I felt for the little guy. He was absolutely worth the wait (and the horrible labor and emergency c-section, too, lol).

Anyway, I'm going to try to post more than once every few months. I'm trying to get better at balancing the whole mom thing and computer time, so hopefully that'll work and you'll see me more often! I missed you guys!

13 People Gabbed:

Kammie said...

Oh, how cute!

Nikki said...

Congratulations! He's precious. I suppose that he is a good reason to take some time from the cyberworld.

Lori T said...

Thanks for the welcome and in the short time I have been here...I have been quite the slacker, but I have gotta say I have literally had the worst month ever and each time I think it is going to be better...well, surprise another disaster.

Oh my goodness...he is absolutely beautiful!! I think that is a wonderful reason to be gone. Congrats on the beautiful little guy!!

Kristie (J) said...

OH he is adorable!!! No wonder you would rather spend time with him then blogging. I would too. Motherhood is something else isn't it? It really rocks your world - and continues to do so for the rest of your life.

Stacy~ said...

Oh how gorgeous your little man is! No wonder you've been away, and who could blame you. This time together is precious, and I know you wouldn't trade it for anything.

Jennifer B. said...

He is so beautiful Katie! I'm so happy for you--they bring a joy unlike any you've ever known. Hugging you from here.

Lori said...

He gets more beautiful each time I see a pic. And you look fabulous, too! No baggy eyes or anything! So happy for you and the hubster. Congrats again! Sending big big hugs your way :)

KateS said...

Thanks, all! I have to say I have missed being online, but yes, I do think it's worth it!

Holly said...

Kate he is adorable! What a beautiful baby boy!!!

Take all the time you need, we'll be here when you get back. ;0)

Anonymous said...

He's adorable and you look fantastic :)

Dev said...

What a handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

He's so beautiful! And you look so good. Also, you get a pass on not being online much - there's not much that compares to the first six months of being a first time mom.

Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhh... baby....

how cute!