Thursday, July 31, 2008

RWA so far

Having a blast so far. I've been to some great seminars, and met some really wonderful people. Aspiring authors, Golden Heart finalists, wonderful pubbed authors... they're all really terrific. I went to the literacy signing, and couldn't remember which Kathryn Smith book Anne wanted, so Kathryn called Anne to ask. LOL - she was just a tad shocked. What a really nice lady. AND she will have a new straight historical out next year! WOOT! (the paranormal series is completing soon).

Oh, And Anne Stuart says she will have a new historical out late next year!! Oh yeah!!

Also caught up with Kay Stockham, who remembered me from Lori Foster's Bookjunky group, although I rarely post any longer. What a wonderful, gracious lady she is. So sweet.

The Literacy signing raised over $58,000. You-know-who contributed at least half of it. (joking... it only felt that way!)

Everyone has been so nice! Hung with Nikki and her hubby yesterday, and with Rosie and Wendy for a bit. Also met Katie(babs) and KristieJ. Hope to catch up with Stacy~ as well.


Kay Stockham!




Lori & Nikki - what a shitty pic of me, LOL

3 People Gabbed:

Dev said...

Looks like fun. Thanks for the update!!!

Nikki said...

We had a great time! That is a lot of money! I love the picture of us! I hope you had a great time at the rest of the convention! See you soon!

Stacy~ said...

RWA was a blast, but I'm so sad we didn't catch up. I wasn't registered for the event, and we were staying at a different hotel, so I wasn't at the Marriott all that much.

Maybe next year, Lori's event? Do you plan on going?