Friday, January 25, 2008

Brrrr.......

OK, I know all you easterners and midwesterners and even southerners (and even NoCalers) will laugh me out of town, but it's freakin' cold! I got home from work yesterday and Bob had a roaring fire going. The family was all settled around it; the kids drinking hot chocolate doing their homework, Bob drinking tea and reading. Very cozy, but not very Southern California-like. Today it's about 45, pouring rain, and windy.

Us So Cal types can't handle that! Not on a prolonged basis. And it's been raining cats and dogs for almost a week now. We still have another 3 days of it, too. WTF?

All right, bring on the laughter. I could use some...

6 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

oh... wow... color change. I was lost for a minute

Anne said...

Yeppers. I felt it was time for a color change. Heh.

OMG, Lori, that's so cold! Snort. It IS for CA, but really it's much colder here... warming slowly.

Linda said...

Yesterday we were in Montgomery, AL and there was a lovely fire in the fireplace in the lobby of the hotel. I spent the afternoon in front of it, reading. Yup, it was cold down there too.

Love the lavender and pink.

Anonymous said...

BTW... it was a whopping 10 degrees here this AM.

:P 45 sounds absolutely balmy.


Shi

Dev said...

Okay ~ I'll laugh. I'd love 45 degrees! It's going to be 30 this weekend, but then will be -3 by Monday. And snowing. Brrrr.

Chantal said...

Hmm, whats 45 in Canadian? lol

It' pretty nice here, not too cold. The snow is what is killing me. I don't like snow.