Thursday, January 17, 2008

7 Things Meme

Damn Lauren... fabulous author she may be, but she dragged me out of my self-imposed hibernation by tagging me for this meme. Oh wait... that's a good thing! No, not the tag, but the drag.

Anyway, here are 7 random things about me.


  1. I'm a great Jew - I feel tremendous guilt over everything. Most recently for abandoning all my friends for my damn job. (read the previous post if you don't believe me!)

  2. I'm in a reviewing slump. I've read tons of books lately (to relax), many of them really good, but can't seem to work up the oomph to write up a single one of them.

  3. Some days I look at my oldest and can't believe that this man-child came from my body. Holy hell. He's got mankles and man-hair on his legs. Fuck a duck.

  4. I have a bit of a swearing problem. (no shit - really?)

  5. My dog is gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, if it's what she needs... LOL!) I think I've shared this one before, but it bears repeating, since Cujo is currently tearing apart her newest toy at my feet. Ok, her name is really Teddi, as in Teddi bear - SO not an appropriate name! Cujo fits her manly personality way better.

  6. I'm a closet 70's music fan. And not the really great 70's music, like Led Zeppelin, which I also love. I'm open about that stuff. Nope. I mean Barry Manilow, and Terry Jacks. Can anyone identify him? He sang one of my all-time faves of the 70s - Seasons in the Sun. Scary. My hubby cringes - a lot.

  7. I snort when I laugh. My hubby and kids get tremendous pleasure out of making me laugh just to hear it. Usually they like to do it in front of other people. They think I'll be embarassed or something. Nope. In the immortal words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam." Snorting is good for the soul. So is a good belly laugh at least once a day.

So now I'm supposed to tag 7 people. This is tough, cause we've done so many memes around here, but what the hell... if you've already done it and I just haven't read it, poor me. Boo hoo.
I'll tag Dev, Holly, Anne, JB, Kate, Rosie, and Chantal.

9 People Gabbed:

Dev said...

Dang ~ Now I'm going to have to think! I'll get this done when I get home tonight :-)

I snort when I laugh, too. Everyone seems to get a real kick out of it, except for me. I've come to accept it ~ except when you're watching PS I Love You in a quiet movie theater and everyone's quit laughing except for you ~ the theater's deathly quiet and then you finish with a good old snort. AAACK.

And thanks for the Terry Jacks song. So much. (Yes, that's sarcasm). Now I've got that damn song in my head. I listened to that a lot as a kid ~ I think I liked it.

Holly said...

Lori,
I've missed you. Lots and lots. But dammit, did you HAVE to tag me? *sigh* Are you trying to force me to post, is that it? LOL

HUGS!

Stacy~ said...

It's good to see you out, if not necessarily about. Stay warm!

Anne said...

Jeez, thanks a lot, Lori. I was doing so well avoiding this one. Sigh. I'll find something to say about myself...soon.

Lori said...

LOL - well, Holland, you are always complaining that you have nothing to post about. So now, in addition to the wedding blues, you can tell us some crap about yourself that we don't know. How 'bout that?

And, Anne, you had to know this was coming the second you saw that Lauren tagged me, LOL!

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Oops, forgot to say Hi Stacy and Dev! Haven't been commenting, but I'm still reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

See, if I'd tagged Anne she'd have been snarky with me, so you did it for me. Heh.

I love me some 70's music and some swearing too.

Chantal said...

Shit. You got me, meanie. :-P Ill do this ASAP, I promise :)
I'm also a snorter. Once I start I can't stop.