Thursday, October 04, 2007

When Lori Met Katie...

Yes, we were at a restaurant, but no fake screaming orgasms were had, and although Katie is cute enough to be Meg Ryan, I absolutely draw the line at being Billy Crystal.


So I had dinner with Kate last night. It was awesome because it had been about 15 months since I'd seen her last. She picked me up at my hotel, and the first new thing I learned about her is that poor Kate has absolutely no sense of direction whatsoever. (hugs, my friend!). Swear to God. She worked in this town for how many years, and we took the scenic tour to the restaurant. Completely unintentionally. However, I didn't mind, because we had lots of catching up to do.


We chatted about books, gossiped about family and friends and former friends, got snotty about some, and supportive of others (I know you're thinking, who, me? ummmm, yeah, guilty, but I'll never tell *g* - it wasn't you, I swear!!)


I had such a good time. That is, until her hubby called while we were on the hopelessly lost drive back to the hotel to brag about the Red Sox shutting out the Angels 4-0. Damn. It sucks to be from the LA area in Boston right now.


Plus I realized that I forgot my camera, and it was waaaay too dark for my poor little phone to take a pic. So, no pics of me and Kate this trip. Maybe next time. You never know where my travels will take me...


Thanks Katie, for a wonderful evening! I had a blast!


3 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

I love you both and I wish i had been there, but I'm sooooo glad you had a good time. Woot!

KateS said...

Aww, I heart you.

Yes, I admit to being directionless. Sigh. At least we saw some pretty houses on some pretty hills... ;-)

Anonymous said...

So you're saying, Katie, that you and I should not be in a car together? *G* I could ge tlost in a one way street and things just don't look the same to me if I'm backtracking.