Saturday, September 29, 2007

Your help needed... update

American Cancer Society Relay For LifeUpdate: With your help, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. But there is still work to do. You still have time to donate before the walk next weekend. $1500 was a really lofty goal for a 3 week donation cycle, but I know I can do it! Let's help to rid the world of this awful disease. Every little bit helps, even $5 or $10. Thanks again for all the help and good wishes that you all have given to me already. It is truly appreciated!

Here's the link again: http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/simivalley/lsherden

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm walking in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life on October 7th. It's on my 41st birthday. Last year, Mary Carves the Chicken was part of the entertainment for the walkers, but this year they aren't. Page's mom just lost her long battle with leukemia last week, so understandably they won't be playing this year.

I, on the other hand, felt even more strongly about participating, so I'm walking. They hold it every year on my birthday weekend. I'm getting back from a week long business trip to Boston (where I'll get to hang with Katie - yay!) on Saturday, and then Sunday I'll walk.

My goal is to raise $1,500. Please, please help me in this important cause! I'm walking in memory of my grandfather, Bob's grandmother, and Page's mom.

Although my fervent wish is that nobody ever has to walk in memory of somebody they love, I'm sure that cancer has touched all of our lives in some way. Here's how you can sign up to contribute: http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/simivalley/lsherden

Every little bit helps. Thanks!

4 People Gabbed:

Jenster said...

Good for you! I've never done the Relay for Life, but I've decided I want to start. I've done the Race for the Cure since the early 90's (until I was diagnosed - then the timing was never right. Ironic, isn't it?) but I'd like to do something for more than just breast cancer. Cancer - no matter what type - is an evil, insidious disease that deserves to be wiped from the face of this planet! So you go, Girl!

Erin the Innocent said...

Good for you Anne! Do you have a team you're walking with? Good luck raising the money!

Erin the Innocent said...

oh for crap sake. I meant Lori. You know I'm cheering for you! lol

Lori said...

LOL Erin :) I'm walking with my temple's team this year.

Jen, the Relay for Life does a special walk and has special shirts, and all kinds of recognition just for survivors. They do a candlelight ceremony that is just beautiful - it's a 24 hour straight-through event, so when night comes, the candlelighting is just awesome to behold.