Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remember These???

I was recently talking to my friend, the lovely Sarah McCarty and I can't remember how we got on the subject but something triggered the thought of Schoolhouse Rock and the one with The Bill?
More after the cut...

You know... I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill...

Then I got to remembering some Electric Company things. Remember the one where The Pointer Sisters sing the pinball counting song? It's in a really great song with a really great beat?
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve.

Then there are the Sesame Street things... Remember The Ladybug Picnic?
One two three
Four five six
Seven eight nine
Ten eleven twelve
Ladybugs
Came to the ladybugs' picnic

One two three
Four five six
Seven eight nine
Ten eleven twelve
And they all played games
At the ladybugs' picnic

What other ones do you remember?

8 People Gabbed:

Sabrina said...

Conjunction Junction What's Your Function! School House Rock Rocks, my 6 year old loves it too!

Rosie said...

What Sabrina said. My kids loved the song long before they figured out what a conjunction was.

Erin the Innocent said...

I have some sesame street clips on my blog. :) I did an early Thursday 13 cause this is when I remembered it and I actually had something in mind to put up. LOL

Jenster said...

How about so grab yourself a hunk-a, a slab or slice or chunk-a cheese - another Schoolhouse Rock on nutrition.

And the one on the Preamble - We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice....

The kids and I were just singing Conjunction Junction yesterday.

Did anybody see Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish sing Letter B on Sesame Street? What a hoot! (no pun intended).

Lori said...

Love schoolhouse rock! We actually bought the videos of them all for the boys when they were little (cause of course they don't show thenm on Saturday TV anymore!). They, well..., rock!

Lori said...

Oh, and my fave on Sesame Street was always the Baker. (Anyone remember him? He came before the Count...)

Anonymous said...

*Dancing with dogs to Conjunction Junction*

Great learning tools and fun!

Lauren Dane said...

We've got the Schoolhouse and Grammar rocks shows on DVD. I think I watch them more than my kid do but I passed my American History test by singing the preamble of the constitution in my head as I took it! "We the people..." My favorite was the 19th amendment one about women getting the vote.