Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things That Drive Me Nuts


  1. People who drive slow in the fast lane on the highway. Do you not see the sign that says, "Slower Traffic Keep Right?" Get the hell over already!
  2. My next door neighbor. He's an asshole and very, very WEIRD.
  3. Never having enough money.
  4. My impatience.
  5. I want to write but I'm afraid of both success and failure. How stupid is that?
  6. People who just don't get it yet think they do.
  7. People who keep making excuses for their behavior instead of changing it.
  8. When the saying "Bad things come in three's" doesn't hold true because things keep happening after the original three. Pfft.
  9. I haven't met Nora Roberts yet and I'm jealous at all the pics on blogs of her with people at the RWA conference.
  10. Jealousy and envy. Green is so not my color but it tinges me frequently.
  11. I miss Lori.
  12. Places where I used to fit in, I don't fit in so much anymore.
  13. When I'm transcribing and the doctors do the "uh" or "um" thing, or they BURP in my ear. (No, I'm not kidding. It's disgusting.)




10 People Gabbed:

Ann said...

Great list, I can so relate to most of them. The one that's been getting me lately, is people who come into a quiet place and immediately start being all loud and obnoxious and totally killing the mood.

Linda said...

Have you seen the big old sign this guy devised that you stick on the top of your windshield (you know, where the sun shading is). It says in big letters "MOVE OVER" and the letters are backwards so seen in a rear view mirror they can be read clearly. He says they are selling like hotcakes and looks forward to the day when he sees one on a car behind him. LOL

Jennifer B. said...

Hugs to you my friend. I can see through these items to the hurt you're feeling. It sucks, I know, but hang in there. Slow down, shut your blinds to the neighbor, accept that you're doing everything in your power to earn money, KEEP WRITING--cuz you're very good, remember the good in your friendships and relationships and know that you belong, always.

You're well-loved Chick. Lori and I are right here and I imagine we'll both be with you for your first trip to RWA as a published author.

As for the offending doctors, just remember that you suffer that for money. It's all about the money. LOL

Holly said...

I'm SO with you on 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

Shoot, I could have written this list.

And just to echo...You're an awesome person and I think you have major talent (this comes from reading your blog, since I haven't read a WIP and can't say on that end) and I think you'll be amazing in your writing career. chin up, babe.

Oh, and I tagged you and Lori both for something. :)

LA Day said...

I have to agree with most of them. #1 would top my list too.
#13-yuck!

Anonymous said...

yep to all. This year I went through a situation, twice, where I no longer felt comfortable in places I used to feel like were second homes to me. One, I just left but the other, I fought for because I felt the changes were negative. We saved it and it's my home again and the other place holds fond memories but it was time to move on.

And you rock. You will succeed even if you have minor setbacks on the way. But truly appreciating stuff means you know what it's like to chance losing it too.

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Yeah. And #8. What in heck is up with that. Cliches should be cliche for a reason!

Jenster said...

1 - what about the people who practically STOP when they're getting on the freeway!? Makes me want to ram them from behind!

2 - sorry

3 - Heard that.

4 - Mm hm.

5 - That's stupid. But I get it because I feel the same way.

6. Oo. I may be one of these people (see #5).

7. Yes.

8. Thank you!!!

9. Come to Philly and we'll drive to her husband's store in MD. She's there a lot, supposedly.

10. Yeah...

11. Aw...

12. So you're not talking old jeans here, right?

13. Or they leave the recorder going while they're flipping through the records for like 10 minutes so you get the long silence or them muttering to themselves. (I used to do medical transcribing, too.)

Rosie said...

I could do a Thursday 13 just on number 1 alone.

As for the doctors (been there done that too!) how about when they start talking directly to you and you are typing away until you realize they are addressing you and not giving notes on the patient any more? Hated that.

Lori said...

I just read this. (((Hugs))) I miss you, too. The few words I get to exchange on IM just aren't enough. I told Bob I need 30 minutes tonight to say hi to everyone at least on blogs so people know I'm not dead.

And I'm right there with what JB said. Even though I've been super busy, know that I'm thinking of you always. Love you!