Monday, July 02, 2007

Caution... huge rant ahead

Bush strikes again.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070703/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_trial

WASHINGTON - President Bush spared former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby from a 2 1/2-year prison term in the CIA leak investigation Monday, delivering a political thunderbolt in the highly charged criminal case. Bush said the sentence was just too harsh. (too harsh my ass).

Bush's move came just five hours after a federal appeals panel ruled that Libby could not delay his prison term. That meant Libby was likely to have to report soon, and it put new pressure on the president, who had been sidestepping calls by Libby's allies to pardon Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff.

"I respect the jury's verdict," Bush said in a statement (bullshit). "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison." Read the rest here.

Just because Plame was fortunate enough that she wasn't so compromised to be killed, doesn't mean that this wasn't a serious enough crime to be punishable with a prison sentence. And you can bet your ass that if it was a democrat that was at fault their ass would be in jail right now, amongst a battlecry from the republicans.

And they tried to impeach/convict Clinton for getting a freaking blowjob, for crap's sake! Jesus H. Christ.

The US Constitution, Article II, Section 4 states: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. If Bush and Cheney aren't guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, I don't know who is.

Let's weigh it...
Blowjob... illegal wiretapping, violation of the Geneva convention and torturing prisoners...
Blowjob... illegal wiretapping, violation of the Geneva convention and torturing prisoners...
Blowjob... illegal wiretapping, violation of the Geneva convention and torturing prisoners...

Oh, I forgot, we couldn't possibly impeach Cheney because he isn't part of the executive branch. Or part of the legislative branch. He's a branch all on his own. When asked for information that all members of Congress must provide, he claims he's part of the executive branch. When requested to give information that needs to be provided by members of the executive branch, he claims he's in the legislative branch. After all, he get to break ties in the senate. Whoopty doo. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/26/politics/main2981956.shtml

I love Keith Olbermann.



I could rant some more, but I would never ever shut up about this.

7 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

Soooo, Lori, you're not a fan of Bush?*G* Video clip was too funny.

I'll never forget the first time we heard Bush use the word evil doer in my house. My 11 year old daughter turned away from the TV and asked "Doesn't he know there's a real word for that?" *sigh*

Shelly said...

I figured Libby would be pardoned. but I also figured that Libby was a scapegoat and that the administration wouldn't let him serve that sentence that should have been for *cough* Dick Cheney *cough*.

Nothing surprises me anymore with any politician...Rep/Dem it doesn't matter. They are all a bunch of lying jerkoffs.

Just MHO.

Lori said...

Shelly, we weren't surprised, just frustrated and disappointed. Frustrated because this is actually within his legal powers as president. But I know had a democrat done this as pres, we'd never hear the end of it.

Lori Foster said...

Wow, I hate politics as a blog. It's guaranteed to cause anger.
So.... I won't share my opinion on any of this, except to say Democrats complain about Republicans and what they supposedly get away with, and Republicans complain about Democrats and what they supposedly get away with.
I'll never understand why everyone can't see that it all evens out in the wash. :-/
No pres is going to do everything, or be everything, that an individual wants, so all you can do is weigh all the pros and cons and give it your best shot.

Lori F.

Anne said...

Rambling and hot button... be prepared for massive usage of the "F" word...

Well, as you all know, I'm not a Bush fan, so I won't even get started.

Yes, what he did was wrong... favoritism in politics is nothing new and we shouldn't be surprised. But, SHEESH.

I am a Democrat and I loved what Bill Clinton did for this country, BUT he did things wrong too. He had the whole BJ and cigar scandal, then, if I'm not mistaken, weren't he and Hillary accused of stealing furniture from the White House among other things?

I guess my point is, Bush is a dumbass plain and simple and he's going to always be remembered for all the fucked up shit he did (this war is a joke, don't even get me started... waste of fucking money) whereas Clinton was smooth, slick, and a very good talker and he'll be remembered for what he accomplished rather than what he fucked up.

Anonymous said...

I'm so angry about this my stomach hurts today. This is wrong. I don't care what letter designates your party, it's wrong. It's a misuse of presidential power, it's a miscarriage of constitutional intent and it's more of the same.

It was wrong when Clinton did it for Mark Rich and it's wrong now.

sybil said...

Thank GOD they returned integrity in the White House.