Monday, June 04, 2007

Things I Learned At The Lori Foster Event...

It was a fanfreakingtastic time. I need sleep. Lots and lots of it to TRY and catch up. I don't do well on 4 hours of sleep or less and that was the average. LOL But it was sooooo worth it. Beyond worth it to share stories with the Mobettes, Sarah, and Gail. Fun times in room 314 and 316 were had by all.

A few things I learned over the weekend:

  • I can function on 4 or less hours of sleep... rather well even.

  • Joan's husband is beyond generous *G*

  • Joan likes to be called Joanie, so that's what I'm calling her.

  • I share WAY too many things when I stay up after midnight.

  • There is no such thing as TMI in Ohio.

  • Lori Foster and Diane Castell know how to have a good time.

  • There are WAY too many car dealerships in West Chester and one grocery store. I was beginning to wonder if they ate cars/metal until we noted the innumerable amounts of fast food restaurants. *G*

  • My kids don't miss me when I'm gone. As they said, "It was only THREE days." I still think they should miss me.

  • Chance, my dog, is still angry with me for leaving him, but he's easily bribed with food back to liking me.

  • I really do require a box fan to sleep-- I need the noise and the air.

  • Lauren Dane is so darn cute... and a riot!

  • Anya Bast is adorable!

  • Mobette is not a term for rabid fan girls as some would like to think. We don't defend Sarah because we're her fans, we stick by her side because we are her FRIENDS. There IS a difference.

  • And last but not least... we really need to have a Mobette event... maybe in fall.


  • I'll post more when I've gotten more sleep. One day just isn't enough recovery time.

    9 People Gabbed:

    Anonymous said...

    I like the Thursday night event on top of Lori and Diane's. Kills two birds with one stone and works out well. It's also a good time of year for me.

    I do like the open breakfast in the room room. I'm a morning person ans so much more lively than at night. *G*
    Here's a thought, too late but you know what we could have done? We could have used the coffee pot in the other room to brew two pots at once. Robust starbucks and mild starbucks. *slapping forehead* DUH!!!

    Chantal said...

    Welcome home!
    My family went away for a few days to Niagara Falls the same time you were gone.
    I posted pics on my personal blog if you want to see them :)

    Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

    Lori said...

    Still boo-hooing here... but I'm so glad y'all had a good time. Call me... gotta question for ya.

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you sweetie pie. Yeah, a lot of restaurants! We just wanted a freaking Walgreens and couldn't find one anywhere.

    It was lovely to finally meet you in person, you're wonderful.

    Anonymous said...

    Lauren,

    The Walgreen's is next to the grocery store five minutes away that it took us an hour and a half to find!

    I swear, it was like we'd entered a fey land and all things mundane had an illusion spell cast over them.

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Anne! It was so nice to meet you! Now that I know where your blog is, I can visit. :)

    Stay out of jail now!! *g*

    ~ Anya Bast
    http://www.anyabastblog.com

    Anonymous said...

    Figures. Now if I'd wanted to find a restaurant with a cutesy name, there'd have been nine thousand of them within a mile of the hotel.

    Anonymous said...

    Oh man, I'm so jealous, I really wanted to go but couldn't get anyone to go with me so I forwent the whole event (and I only live 2 hours away..!) Dang, I bet it was fun! Maybe next year....

    Stacy~ said...

    Well other than Sarah, I admit I didn't chat with any of you, and not because I was being anti-social; there were quite a few friends I hadn't met in person before or hadn't seen in awhile. I am so looking forward to next year :)