Friday, June 22, 2007

Music Meme

Holly nabbed me to do this music meme.

Da Rules:

List seven songs you are into right now, no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your LiveJournal along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

You’re all going to think I’m plugging, but I’m really not. I have a greatest hits CD in my car right now, so this is what I’m listening to. Honest.

Bob recorded a CD for me of his own songs (not his band’s stuff), and I love this one. It kind of reminds me of Carlos Santana stuff.

Latin Blues


Death of a Gay Waiter – Mary Carves the Chicken
This was off the first MCTC album in 1994, and the bridge is so relevant all these years later – I just want to shout it out to our conservative government:
“Hey you – you want to be a hero – love your fellow human being
You – who call yourselves Christians
Sitting in your Judgement seats
Remember Jesus never bashed a homo
Jesus never hurt nobody
Jesus never put nobody down.”

I guess it’s obvious it was written during their God phase…


Half Empty – Double Wide (MCTC’s country persona)
Page wrote this when his long-time relationship was breaking up. When Bob and I heard it for the first time, we both wanted to cry. No doubt about it, this man is amazingly talented.


By Far – Mary Carves the Chicken
Page wrote this for his then girlfriend, now wife. But the first time Bob played it for me was on an acoustic guitar in a parking lot after a gig about 2 years ago, and it couldn't have meant more to me in that moment than if he'd written it himself. I cried.


Walk Forever By My Side – The Alarm
This is kind of “our song”. If we had a song, we both agree, this would be it. It’s the first love song we listened to off an album together back in ’85 (yes, album, as in vinyl).


So Much Need – Mary Carves the Chicken
This one just says so much about the over the top society we live in. And how we have a responsibility to pitch in and do something.


Because I’m Awesome – The Dollyrots
Jeff loves this one. We love it because it so epitomizes him and his life and he has absolutely no idea that it is making fun of everything he always says about himself. LMAO!


OK, do it if you feel like it…

3 People Gabbed:

Lori Foster said...

Oh, I love music! I have no clue about Live Journal or tagging anyone, but right now my favorite songs (most of them) are on my playlist at my Myspace acct- www.myspace.com/mostlymam
The name is because my kids mostly call me mam and when I first started myspace, I intended it to be only for family.

Anyway, some favorite songs:
*Bodies by Drowning Pool.
*Undone by Korn. (I LUV that song!)
*The Hand that Feeds by Nine Inch Nails
*This is the New Sh*t by Marilyn Manson
*Yer So Bad by Tom Petty

I sort of like hard music with a loud beat. ;-)

Happy Saturday everyone!

Lori

Anne said...

HOLY SMOKES, LORI F! I had no idea you listened to stuff like that. I imagined you listening to prim and proper tunes. LOL Goes to show looks can be deceiving.

What do I listen to?
Anything by Daughtry, Over You is my fave right now.
Wasted by Carrie Underwood
The Waiting Is The Hardest Part by Tom Petty
I like Disturbed, Godsmack, Metallica, Creed
and some 80s like Damn Yankees, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and some Huey Lewis as of late.

Linda said...

Okay, Because I'm Awesome is hilarious.

My favs are primarily Celtic, new age and blues:

A Ladie Sweet and Kind by Lisa Lynne
Resolution by Lou Wamp
While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Lou Wamp
Seachran Charn Tsiail by Clannad
Boru's March by Elfin Love Tribe
Carolan's Welcome by Elfin Love Tribe
Avalon by David Arkenstone