Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Okay, Intro, I guess...

Ok all, Anne conned me into doing this. I swear she did, lol. Who in their right mind would add another blog to everything else in their crazy life?

*slowly raises hand in embarrassment*

Well, I like to talk, anyway, so I guess that'll help me here. :-P

So, for my first post, I'm going to do a little promo for my dear author friend Camryn Cutler. She is a very talented author and her second book comes out TODAY! I already posted the general info on my greatscotts blog, but here I'll be nice and post a quick excerpt of one of my favorite scenes. Oh, and this is the second book in the series. You can get the first one here. It was the number 2 best seller last month!

Excerpt from Calthraca: Adamare

Kesim returned to the bedchamber and looked at his reflection in the mirrored wall he had created. He knew his duty was to protect her, but he wasn’t sure what to do about his feelings for Adama. He knew that what he had done was entirely improper and he could lose his commission. He knew and yet he did not give a damn.

Still the feelings nagged at him, making him question everything. The man staring back at him had no answers either but they both looked tired. He waved his hand at the wall and said, "Recursus," and it was once again just a wall.

He knew he should leave now, return to his own apartments and concentrate on his mission to see her safely home, before his feelings for her got in the way and he got them both killed. Kesim looked at her sleeping, and knew that wasn’t going to happen. He dropped his pants and climbed in beside her. She was beautiful and irresistible, and for now, his.

Once he was settled, she curled up to him, sliding an arm across his broad chest, sighing contentedly. Kesim was accustomed to sleeping alone, but he found her embrace pleasant and comfortably familiar. As he started sliding toward sleep, he realized the name Adama meant “love.” He opened his eyes and looked at her again.

In his world, words were powerful. From the lips of a sorcerer as talented as he, the right word could mean death to an enemy, or ecstasy to a lover.

The love spell Adamare was easy enough to invoke, and he wondered if perhaps that, in addition to his dreams, was the reason he felt so drawn to her in such a short time.

As he considered that possibility, he realized it didn’t even matter why he was drawn to her, it was simply meant to be. He sent her the thought, “Adamare,” and drew her sleeping form closer to his, kissing her gently upon the forehead. Before closing his eyes he saw a small smile play across her lips, and she sent the thought, “Redamare.”

To love in return.


You can buy Adamare from Whiskey Creek Press Torrid here. PS - this is a long book. :-)

4 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Wooo hoo! There's Kate. :-) Damn straight I cornered you. I'm really getting good at coercing. *G* Welcome, my friend!

Crystal* said...

Kate,

Thanks for the blog-by. You know I'm a big fan.
Grins,
Chrys*

Holly said...

Hey Kate, welcome. :)

This looks really good. I'll add it to the list. ;)

KateS said...

Thanks all!

Chrys, really, fab cover! ;-)

Nice to "meet" you, Holly! :-)

And super thanks to Anne for inviting me. You rock. (But you already knew that. ;-))