Sunday, April 15, 2007

Latest Glom

I've been reading Carla Cassidy's romantic suspense books from Signet Eclipse and really enjoying them. I bought Without A Sound and really, really enjoyed it. So, I went to my library and they had all of Ms. Cassidy's books. I requested them all and am now reading them one after the other. She's got a great style with just the right amount of suspense with the romance, and excellent pacing.

What I don't like is that she doesn't have a web site. WTF? How can authors NOT have a website? Don't they realize as readers, if we discover them after they have multiple books out, we're going to want to know about ALL of their backlist? And seeing as Ms. Cassidy is multi-published (with Harlequin, Silhouette, and Signet) you'd think she'd have a site with all her info. Hmmm.

Another author who doesn't have much of a website that should is Judith McNaught. Sigh.

Any thoughts on Carla Cassidy's books? Any thoughts on authors who don't have a web site?





12 People Gabbed:

Linda said...

Found a complete listing of her books at this site:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/carla-cassidy/

I'll give her a break on the assumption she and computers aren't compatible. She's apparently published 70 books and is still going strong. I haven't read anything by her (that I can remember) but I'll give her a try since you're recommending her.

Shelly said...

I enjoy Carla Cassidy too and didn't realize she didn't have a web page! I know recently that on my blog people were bemoaning the fact that Linda Howard doesn't have a site.

Lori said...

I'm amazed that successful authors can get away with not having a web site these days. Truly. Especially people like Linda Howard and Carla Cassidy. I mean, really. This is how people get their information.

Very frustration for someone like me who gets everything from the wb.

Erin the Innocent said...

She has a blog/journal.

http://carlacassidy.bravejournal.com/

Rosie said...

I confess I've never read any of her books. What would you rec for a first book of hers to try?

Rosie said...

I confess I've never read any of her books. What would you rec for a first book of hers to try?

Anne said...

Well, my first book from her was Without A Sound and I LOVED IT. That's what got me to read more. I've also read Promise Him Anything and Are You Afraid? VERY good as well. My suggestions would be to start with either Without A Sound or Are You Afraid. I have to read The Perfect Family still, so I'll let you know if it's as good as the rest. she's got a new Silhouette IM out this month called Safety In Numbers which I'm going to buy as my library doesn't carry may SIM's.
Let me know if you like the books. Feel free to email me. :-)

Rosie said...

Thanks Anne, I'll start looking.

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Thank you for your great comments about my Signet books. I'm having a ball writing for them! Uh, about the website. I'd love to be able to say it's because I want to remain mysterious, but I'm one of those people who vomit everything I know to anyone who will listen.
It's one of those things I keep telling myself I'll get to. Of course, I am computer stupid but I'm also driven to write and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to take care of the business end of things. I've actually got a friend working on one for me so we'll see what happens. In the meantime, thanks again for your recommendations of my books.
Carla Cassidy

Anne said...

Wow, I feel honored! Carla Cassidy posted on my blog! I totally know what you're talking to because I am so internet un-friendly it's not funny. I look forward to your site when it's up and running. I love sneak peeks into books, i.e., excerpts, and to be able to see what the author has coming up next, what they're working on now, etc. That's why I go to author's sites. I'm nosy that way, especially when I find an author that I really, really enjoy-- like your books, Carla. :-) Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to do so anytime.

Anonymous said...

Hi for thoses how are looking for Linda Howards website it is http://www.randomhouse.com/features/lhoward/

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Just wanted to let you know that I found out yesterday that Are You Afraid is a finalist in the National Readers' Choice Awards!

I'm thrilled and just wanted to share since you all gave me such great reviews!
Thanks,
Carla Cassidy