Thursday, March 01, 2007

Some People Just Need To Get A Life and ANNOUNCEMENT

Saw THIS over at Karen's Blog. *sigh*

I'm all confused. Not sure Sarah did anything to Ms. Vremont, nor Karen for that matter.

***ANNOUNCEMENT***
With permission, I'm going to publicly announce that my friend and FABULOUS AUTHOR, Sarah McCarty just sold FOUR more books, and these to Berkley... 2 books in her Promise series and 2 single-author anthologies. Woo hoo! Go Sarah! That's 10 books contracted with 2 more in the works. You go girl! We love ya!


That makes FOUR series:
  1. Hell's Eight with SPICE(2 books, 1 in the works)
  2. Shadow Wranglers with HQN(4 books, more in the works)
  3. Promise series with Berkley(2 so far)
  4. Dark Haven with Berkley(2 single-title anthologies)

8 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Not getting involved in the first, but as to the second, that is awesome!!! Fantastic for Sarah! And I can say, I knew her when :)

Anonymous said...

*floating euphorically by* Thanks Anne and Lori!

reviewer said...

Congrats Sarah!!

Holly said...

I think the first is hilarious. Career suicide is always fun to watch.

Congrats, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Holly and Chantal. I'll be a writing demon for the next year, but it's a good time in my life to be busy, (kids moving out and onto college) and as I have a very supportive hubby, there's nothing stopping me from enjoying the endeavor. I've been writing for 20 years, learning and strengthening my craft, so these last few years have been a very heartfelt realization of a very long held dream.

reviewer said...

LOL HOlly, I know what you mean-Career suicide, lol! There are some authors who I refuse to even think about reading simply based on crap they have posted on their blogs.

Sarah, I have your Promises series, I can't wait to get started on them!

Anonymous said...

Chantal,

Thanks for giving them a try. I hope they live up to your expectations.

Holly said...

I have much respect for authors, Sarah, especially ones who have such demanding schedules. I'm sure you'll juggle everything with aplomb. ;)

I know, Chantal. I try not to let personal issues with an author influence what I buy, but sometimes...well, I just can't seem to help it. *sigh*