Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh Yes! Release Day!

Happy Day! It's been a while since I was totally psyched on release day. Samhain is releasing 2 books today that I actually bought last night, cause of course, it was already Tuesday somewhere *g*.

The Tribute by Beth WilliamsonThe Tribute by Beth Williamson - I looooove this series!!!!!

Book Six of the Malloy family series

Brett Malloy has always been considered a loner, a man apart from the Malloy clan. Quiet, reserved and intense, Brett hides from the world on his new ranch with only an ex-gunslinger and a runaway boy for company. When circumstances put him flat on his back, his childhood crush, Doctor Alexandra Brighton arrives to nurse him back to health.

Alex has always loved Brett despite the fact that a more difficult man couldn’t be found on the face of the earth. A woman who firmly believes everyone should live life to the fullest, Alex takes Brett’s quiet surliness as a mission. She’s going to teach him what it means to live, and how to find love and passion in the most unexpected places.

When rancher King Dawson claims Alex as his own, Brett has to choose between the darkness of his shadows and the light of Alex’s love.


On the Edge by Shannon StaceyOn the Edge by Shannon Stacey

Book 2 of the Devlin Group series.

Tony Casavetti emerges from an undercover assignment only to be summoned to NYC by Charlotte, the Devlin Group’s executive administrator. When he arrives, he finds out she may be ruthlessly efficient, but his assumption about her being matronly was dead wrong.

Charlotte Rhames has it all—looks, wealth and the respect she craved. But an attack on the Devlin Group throws her back into the pit of sex, money, and murder she’d crawled out of.

With Tony’s life at stake, how far is she willing to fall?

They are all loaded in the ebook reader. Now, I just need to find the time to actually read them!!

7 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Been looking forward to Shannon Stacey's On The Edge. I'll be picking it up later this week. Woot!

Mad said...

Just finished reading the first 5 Malloy books and I love the family. My only small quibble is the cover of Trevor's book....the guy on it barely looks 20 yet Trevor, in the story, is 32. :)

Lori said...

OK, you made me go back and look, Mad. You're totally right! What's up with that? I just had the same complaint about Lauren Dane's latest as well. Scott Carpenter does great cover work, but I think he needs a new (read... older) male cover model database!

Shannon Stacey said...

I hope you guys enjoy On the Edge. :)

And I get antsy waiting for those yummy cowboys. The Malloy series is one of my favorite right now!

Beth Williamson said...

Y'all are peaches!! Thanks for making my morning! :)
Yep, the guy on The Gift coulda been older, but I loved the woman. She was absolutely perfect. :)

Rosie said...

Lori, how do you like Williamson's westerns? I haven't tried them yet. Do you have to read them in order or can you just jump in?

Lori said...

Ummm, Rosie, I read them in order (everyone pick yourselves up off the floor LOL). I would say that it's not absolutely necessary, but probably a good idea with this series. And I absolutely love this series. I'm a sucker for a good historical western. My favorite is the first one, The Bounty. So definitely read that one first and you'll be hooked enough to read the rest!

Beth, thanks for stopping by! Keep those cowboys coming!