Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Have A Secret...

A really, really, really fabulous secret. Big. Huge. Squeal-worthy secret. One that had me bouncing off the walls and left me sleepless until my body couldn't help but succumb to exhaustion. I woke up this morning in sort of a daze/haze and am going to have to function doing transcription this way. Hee hee. How is that going to work.

What? Oh. Back on track. My secret. You really want to know? Okay. I'll tell you.



I am now an agented author! After a few revisions are made and a relationship established as well as contract signed, I will be represented by Laura Bradford of the
Bradford Literary Agency!!!!

A few authors she represents are Lauren Dane and Anya Bast.

It still seems so surreal, and I can't believe it's true, that it really happened. But...

How freaking cool is that????

** SPECIAL THANKS**
Thanks to Sarah McCarty... I couldn't have done it without you showing me the PROPER techniques rather than the drivel of my first draft. Five versions later, we ended up with When Petals Fall.
AND with the assistance of Jennifer B with her lovely ability to find clumsy sentences and areas that just weren't working, When Petals Fall only has MINIMAL revisions to be done for Ms. Bradford.
Major gratitude to you, ladies.

19 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

It's beyond freakign cool!! Congrats Anne!!!

Amie Stuart said...

Anne Congrats!!!! that's wonderful news!!!

Holly said...

Very cool, Anne! CONGRATS!!!!

Anne said...

Sarah(my Queen), Amie, and Holly- It still doesn't seem real! Your congrats mean a great deal to me, so my thanks for them!

Anonymous said...

I said it earlier but I'll say it again, you've made me grin all morning long. Congratulations and you're going to love working with Laura.

Anonymous said...

OH!! MY!! GOD!!!! WAHOOOOO!!! Well, Miss Thang, that certainly didn't take long. LOL You are a mover and a shaker! I"M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! And Laura is amazing. Now flap those wings and fly, little bird!

Nikki said...

That is so cool! Congrats Anne!!

Lori said...

So awesome! I knew you would! Been smiling for you since last night!

Anne said...

Thank you all so much! It's a dream come true, and one that's starting to become real as I get a head start on my revisions *G*

Lauren- When I spoke with Laura yesterday she was so down to earth, I just KNEW we'd mesh well.

Shelby!! Long time no see! I am absolutely ecstatic about this! Squeee! Wings flapping and keyboard keys tapping *G*

Thanks, truly, Nikki!

(((JENNIFER))) (((LORI)))) Love you guys!

reviewer said...

Ohmygosh, thats fantastic news. I am so excited for you, Congrats!!!
:)

Jenster said...

Very, incredibly, stupendously exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

~ames~ said...

Congratulations Anne!!

Linda said...

Really excited and happy for you! You deserve every good thing that comes your way. Congratulations.

Joni said...

I hadn't been here in awhile and thought I'd see what's happening and BOY...what a surprise. I haven't checked my e-mail, but I'm sure you'll have spread the good news in Sarah's group by now. BIG CONGRATS Anne!!! You so deserve it. Only five revisions, huh? teehee I meant that in a good way! Well...whatever it took, I knew you had it in ya! Again, Congrats Anne!!! It's party time!

Joni

Erin the Innocent said...

Congrats Anne :)

Kristie (J) said...

Wow! Super cool news. Congratulations there.

Lori said...

Back atcha babe.

Ann said...

HEY!! Fabulous news, Anne!! I'm rockin' in my chair for ya. WELL DONE!!

Rosie said...

I'm a johnny-come-lately, but warmest congrats.