Saturday, January 27, 2007

Meme

Just because I want to... no one tagged me but I like this one

Women's Fiction Book Meme

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?
Contemporary, baby... though lately historicals have been catching my attention.

Hardback, Trade Paperback, or Mass Market Paperback?
Mostly I choose mass market paperback because it fits my budget, though sometimes(such as in cases of JD Robb) only Hardback will do because I can't wait six months for the paperback to come out.

Heyer or Austen? Austen.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar? Amazon mostly, but sometimes Walmart.com too. I make it in to Borders or Waldenbooks a few times a year for the "must have now" books.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? Mostly Borders or Waldenbooks because it's all I've got where I live but also because they carry Ellora's Cave books in print.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay? Lindsay.

First Romance Novel You Remember Ever Reading? Now and Forever by Danielle Steel... snuck it from my mom's stash of romance novels and was delighted to find a few sex scenes in the book as a young teenage girl. : )

Alphabetize by Author, Alphabetize by Title, or Random? By Author and by genre (Yes, I admit to being very anal retentive).

Keep, Throw Away, or Sell? All Nora Roberts and JD Robb books as well as Susan Mallery, some older Sandra Brown and Barbara Delinsky, some Lori Foster and Sherrilyn Kenyon are keepers, but I've never thrown a book away and I don't think I could. It's sacrilege. If I think it sucks, there's always someone out there who might think it's good so I share it with friends, anyone interested in reading it.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? With it. Why remove it? Am I supposed to? LOL

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake? I've read a couple Sookie Stackhouse(just not my cup of tea) but haven't touched Anita Blake.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Well, I prefer to just breeze through the book but of course it's not always possible, so chapter breaks it is for me. I can't just stop anywhere... gotta finish the scene.

It was a dark and stormy night or Once upon a time? Once upon a time... love a good fairy tale/love story.

Crusie or SEP? SEP.

Buy or Borrow? Both. If my library or a friend has a book, I'm getting it from there... though, as above, if it's an author that is an automatic keeper for me, I buy it for myself. : )

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendations, or Browse? All of the above, though usually recommendations and browsing are how I choose my books.

Tidy Ending or Cliffhanger? Tidy ending... unless it's a series, then I can handle cliffhangers. : )

Morning reading, Afternoon reading, or Nighttime reading? All of the above though lately time constraints have been limiting me to nighttime reading.

Series or Standalone? Both. I'm a book slut first and foremost, secondly I'm a series slut... and DO NOT READ OUT OF ORDER.

Favorite Book Which Nobody Else Has Heard Of? Hmmm... I'm sure people have heard of these, if not you should read them. Good stuff. It could be one of two... Tiger Prince by Sandra Brown (Yes, another Sheik book of sorts, but Derek Allen is HOT.) or The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride by Susan Mallery(Got me into the Sheiks... and Ms. Mallery's Desert Rogues series. LOVE IT.)

So... who am I going to tag? Choices, choices, so many choices... Lori, Jennifer, KarenS, Chantal, Jenster, Ann Wesley Hardin, and Lauren Dane. : ) I'd have tagged Erin but she already did it.

3 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

Ummmm... not to be contrary or anything, but wasn't Forever by Judy Blume? I know, cuz it was the first sex scene I ever read...

Anne said...

yup, you're right, Lori... it's Now and Forever by Danielle Steel. DUH. I fixed it *G*

Anonymous said...

Anne- you're fast! When I checked in here yesterday this one wasn't up! Maura got me on Thursday but as you see, I did it yesterday.

It was a really fun meme though! I am so with you on the Robb in hard back.