Saturday, January 13, 2007

I Need Your Help!

If anyone out there finds or sees any sheik(h) besides Harlequin Presents, such as Silhouette Special Edition or Intimate Moments, please notify me immediately either by posting here or emailing me at Annejg24@gmail.com I am going through sheik withdrawal and it won't be until November until Susan Mallery has her next Desert Rogues book out. WAIL! I've read every SINGLE book from Susan Mallery and Kristi Gold... their sheiks are so effing hot. Grrrrr. LOL

So, please, please, please, let me know if there are any newer titles out there. Princes and stuff like that might work too. Just NOT from Harlequin Presents which is now Harlequin Romance or something... too damn European for my taste.

Thank you so very much!

11 People Gabbed:

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

LOLOLOL. 1 word for you. Cockney. Ok, 2 words. Ick.

Laughing my butt off.....

Anne said...

You're evil Lori. LOL I take it you don't like sheik's??? LOLOL I'm in the mood for some silhouette books it seems. LOLOL Man. I so gotta get MY book done so I can read this entire Cavanaugh Justice series... then there's Marie Ferrarella's The Bachelor's of Blair Memorial miniseries... Grrrr. Gotta love a sexy doctor... too bad none of them work where I do *sigh*

Amie Stuart said...

Well I'm not much help, but Jen Lewis, one of the girls in my crit group has her first Deisre coming out in July and it's a sheik book =)

Anne said...

Awesome Amie! Tell her she's got her first buy right here! I freaking LOVE SHEIKS!

Where did you find your crit group if you don't mind my asking? I write also and am curious

Kristie (J) said...

IF you like historical Sheik books, you simply MUST try Bonnie Vanak's. I haven't read the first two yet, but The Cobra & the Concubine and The Panther and the Pyramid are very good.

Anonymous said...

If I may ask.. what's the appeal of the sheikh?? Are the books you're reading historically accurate, with lots of wives, etc??

Anne said...

Kristie- I'm not much into the historical sheik thing, just the contemporary... though if I can't find any decent contemporaries, I may have to read the historical *G*

Isabella- The appeal of the sheik is the dark and exotic appeal, much the same of a Latin lover. And no, they books aren't like they were back then, they are contemporaries (at least the ones I read) and they only have one wife... usually the heroine becomes the wife. One example: Woman from US goes to the sheik's country to be an English teacher, meets the sheik when she's staying at his I guess you could say palace since his father is the king of the country... eventually they marry. Sometimes there's the love-hate thing going on and other times it's attraction from the get go. I just really enjoy the way Susan Mallery writes her Desert Rogues series in Silhouette Special Edition. Kristi Gold does sheiks well too in Silhouette Desire

Unknown said...

Check out Loreth Anne White who writes for Silhouette.

And by the way, Susan Mallery is writing another sheikh book so be on the lookout!

Unknown said...

Forgot about this author.....honestly I haven't read her but she also seems like someone I would like to try along with Loreth Anne White:

Undercover Sheik, Dec 2006 - Dana Marton a Silhouette

She'd been stranded in the desert and held captive by a band of kidnappers. Then Sheik Nasir ibn Ahmad, one of the most menacing men she'd ever seen, promised to lead her to safety—Dr. Sadie Kaufman had little choice but to follow.

Before long the sheik's promises of protection played a vital role. For once they arrived at his palace it seemed someone beyond the walls still wanted her dead. The sheik insisted on keeping her close or Sadie would become another bandit's bargaining chip. But could this sexy and indomitable man really be as good as he seemed…?

Unknown said...

Finally, I found this author on Fog City Diva's Website and I haven't read her but she seems to get rave reviews!

January: The Nanny and the Sheikh, Harlequin Romance--book seven of the Brides of Bella Lucia series. A nanny leaves the cold winter for London for the exotic tropical country right on the Persian Gulf.