Saturday, November 18, 2006

Guess my book

A lot of people have been doing this, and it seemed like fun.

The rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence.

4. Post the text of the next six sentences on your blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig around for that "cool" or "intellectual" book on your shelves. (I know you were thinking about it.) Just pick up whatever is closest.

Guess my book:

"Ah." Laurel took another hit on the cigarette, the slight spinning in her head reminding her that until two days ago, she'd no longer smoked. She wasn't surprised he was divorced. From the statistics she'd read, divorce went with the territory when you were in law enforcement. Not that journalists were a group renowned for matrimonial bliss. "And we're not happy about that?"

Oooh, this is such a good book. It's one of the ones I picked up at the UBS on my trip with Nikki (hint). I just finished it, and I have to post about it, but I'd have to post about its two predecessors first (hint), since I know how all you series sluts would freak out...

4 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

Oooh ~ I think I may be able to guess this one! Is it Out of the Storm by Joann Ross, the third in the Stewart Sisters Trilogy?

Lori said...

Yup :) You got it! So was it the hints or did you actually read this one? I love her books!

Anonymous said...

I confess ~ it was all the hints, but I've not got another series to add to my wishlist/TBR. And yes, I have to read them in order :-)

Rowena said...

Dang, didn't know this one either...I'm so slackin'..