Monday, October 30, 2006

Playing hooky... and making friends

I had the most fun this weekend! On Friday, my hubby and I played hooky together. We slept in (after getting the kids off to school – isn’t it great to get back into bed?), had a nice late breakfast out and then went to see Flags of our Fathers. Fantastic movie. I highly recommend it! I also recommend reading the book, too. I alwas wondered who went to the movies on a weekday. Now I know. Retirees. And people playing hooky LOL.

On Saturday, I spent the day with Nikki. We discovered that we only live about 30 minutes from each other. So, we met in the middle for lunch and a day of UBS hopping.

Lunch was great – it turned into about a 2 hour deal. We discovered that we have soooo much in common. Starting with lunch LOL. No sushi, and a preference for strawberry margaritas (which were yummy *g*). Plus, our sons are the same age, our hubby’s drink the same beer, we drive the same car, we have the same opinion on almost every dang book, including even which is our favorite in a series... sheesh, it went on and on. I was starting to get creeped out a bit LOL! But it was awesome!

So I grew up in this area, and I never knew about these UBS there. Thank you so much, Nikki! I came away with quite a haul. Here’s my list:

To Find You Again – Maureen McKade (thanks for the rec, Rosie!)
To Trust a Stranger – Karen Robards
Summer Breeze – Catherine Anderson
Fatal Burn & Final Scream – Lisa Jackson
Out of the Storm – JoAnn Ross
Dangerous Waters – Amy J Fetzer (an old time-travel historical!)
Acts of Honor & Shades of Grey – Vicki Hinze (Yay! Made the whole day worth it!)
Into the Fire – Anne Stuart (I've already finished this - read the review on Don't Talk, Just Read)
The Naked Marquis – Sally MacKenzie
And two for my hubby that I’ll read when he’s finished them...
Executive Orders – Tom Clancy
Act of War – Dale Brown

AND, Nikki brought me
Hot Night – Shannon McKenna
Cold As Ice – Anne Stuart (read JenniferB's review on Don't Talk, Just Read)
Fully Engaged – Catherine Mann (the latest in the Wingman Warriors series)

I brought her a few books, too, and a CD of the Best of Mary Carves the Chicken, my hubby’s band. I hope we will get together again soon – I had a great time. What a fabulous day!

8 People Gabbed:

Karen Scott said...

Sounds like you had a fab time Lori!

Nikki said...

You are so sweet, Lori! I had a fantastic time, too! Can't wait to see you again. BTW, love the CD! Thanks so much!

Anne said...

I must say that I'm jealous of your fun but thrilled that you both hit it off and had a great time. : )

Kristie (J) said...

How neat that you and Nikki got to meet each other!! Isn't it amazing how great it is to meet a fellow blogger in person?? I felt the same way when I got to meet Cindy in person

Jennifer B. said...

Oh Wow! How cool is that?! Ok. Lemme think...KristieJ? Next time I'm in London, I'm looking you up! LOL I get there about once a year to see pseudo family. *g* I want to meet a blogger. LOL!

Rosie said...

How cool is that!

Rowena said...

Oh cool beans, you got to meet up with a fellow blogger? Lucky you! And that book haul looks great, I can't wait to read how you like the books!

Kristie (J) said...

Jennifer: You get to London sometimes? Cool!!! Let me know when you're coming and I'll be waiting with bells on!!