Sunday, October 29, 2006

Buying Books

I've found out a secret that I feel I MUST share with all you booklovers out there. Normally I would buy from Amazon.com if I bought books online or Waldenbooks (that's what we have here in town) or Wal-Mart if they happened to have the book I was looking for which wasn't very likely if it wasn't a big name author or best seller. Anyway, I stumbled upon Wal-Mart 97 cent shipping. It's not next day delivery, but delivery that same week which is fast enough for me. So, when I went to buy some books a while back I picked up Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh and Love At First Bite anthology.

Prices
Slave To Sensation Normally $6.99 Wal-Mart price $ 5.59
Love At First Bite Normally $6.99 Wal-Mart price $ 4.68
Shipping $ 1.94
Total Price $12.21(with tax)

The package arrived 4 days later. I think I can wait four days if I'm able to purchase books online, without having to leave my house, and with the cost of shipping get them cheaper than I would at my local Waldenbooks.

So, my suggestion to you... unless you absolutely have to have the book RIGHT NOW, start buying books at Walmart.com.

PS. I just ordered Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts and it was IN STOCK five days early, total purchase cost was $7.29... book cost normally $7.99 and, again, I don't have to venture out to get it. It should arrive on 11/02/06... I can wait two extra days for the book, though I suspect it will arrive sooner than that. : )

3 People Gabbed:

Rosie said...

Definitely worth looking into.

reviewer said...

Sounds great! I don't think we get that kind of deal in Canada though.

Rowena said...

Ooh I'm gonna have to jump on this, that's a GREAT deal!