Thursday, August 31, 2006

School starts, upcoming reviews, and other stuff...

So school started yesterday. I sent Jeff off “to be bored”, and Steve went off to the “coolest teacher ever”. Jeff actually came home and allowed that he thought it would be a pretty good year. He likes his Algebra teacher. Science will be “excellent”, as they get to dissect frogs, eyeballs, and fetal pigs this year. He’s planning to try out for the intramural basketball team. AND he ate tater tots, a cookie, Gatorade and chocolate milk for lunch. What more could a growing boy ask for?

Steve checked in with all his buddies. He has his first ever “man-teacher”, who shaves his head – way cool! Most of his best friends are in a different class, but he has a couple buddies in his class this year. Enough to make lots of trouble *rolling eyes*. Of course, he’s still my little Steve. First day of school – he left his lunchbox in the cafeteria. Oy.

Yesterday Bob’s “Who’s Who in America’s Teacher’s” plaque and book came. All in all, a good start to the school year.

I still have a ton of books to write up from my road trip vacation. Here’s a preview of what’s to come... Passion - Lisa Valdez; Dangerous Curves, I Spy, and Dead Heat - Jacey Ford; Scandal in Spring - LK; Mr. Impossible - Loretta Chase; Ask for It - Sylvia Day; Lady Liberty - Vicki Hinze; Swan's Grace, Nightingale's Gate, and Dove's Way - Linda Francis Lee; Blaze of Glory - Catherine Mann; Kill Me Twice - Roxanne St Claire; Three Little Secrets - Liz Carlyle; The Malloy Series (The Bounty, The Prize, The Reward, The Treasure) – Beth Williamson

Today, I woke up at 4:30 with horrid cramps. My period was a week late. I was beginning to freak out that Bob’s snippy snip might have failed. How do you announce that without him asking who the father is? “Hi honey, how was your day? I’m pregnant, and you have an appointment at the urologist for a recheck”? But all is well, thank goodness. Could this be the beginning of “the change”? My mom was 42 and then it took 10 years. That’s super early, I know, but they say it’s hereditary. All I know is I feel like my insides are being ripped out by one of those Tonka trucks – you know, the ones with the scoopy things on the end? Jen, G is still little – you know the truck I mean...

Lovely topic, huh? Sorry, but when you’re on drugs and rambling, that’s what you get. How about you all, how’s school going? And if you don’t have kids in school, how’s your day?

1 People Gabbed:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love tater tots. One of the best things about elementary school was tater tots!

My oldest as a Mr. this year. He was quite impressed by this fact. His best friend is no longer in the same class though and they're both very sad. Secretly I think he'll probably get a lot more work done if he's not talking about Pokemon all day.

Sorry about the sucky dot. Mine is not so wonderful this time either. I hope the drugs work, LOL