Monday, July 24, 2006

Tagged...for the first time

Nice of you to tag me Anne. I'll enjoy getting you back. LOL

When did you start blogging and why?

Started my reader review blog (I Just Finished Reading...) nearly a year ago as a means to find more good books to read. I invited a number of online friends to post their reviews as well and hoped to find some quality reads in the mix. It worked. Thanks Lori, Linda, et al.

I also wanted to provide a blog like those I personally loved--with detailed, honest (non-markety) reviews of romance fiction. So yeah, I copied the idea and format from the likes of Rosario and Keishon.

Oh, and I like to chat up books. Duh.

What don’t you talk about?

We only do reader reviews at I Just Finished Reading. I save my commentary on other topics for Anne's blog--a place for honest opinions on anything you damn well feel like.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

Pretty much. The reviews reveal a little about myself--preferences, fantasies, etc.--and Anne's place gives me an outlet for the more personal--stuff about my boy, etc. I'm pretty close-minded, er...I mean close-mouthed around folks I don't know well. So you're getting all anybody ever gets from me.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Through comments I have had the pleasure of chatting with Kristie and Rosario. Love that. Overall though, I'd have to say my friendships have grown through Sarah's group--this is where I met KarenS, Anne, Lori, etc.

How would you describe your writing style?

Uh, standard. And hopefully with enough emotion to reflect how a book touched me. I like to put a lot into my reviews. Especially when a book moves me (e.g. Shelby Reed's Midnight Rose) or is just damn well written (e.g. Marjorie M. Liu's stuff).

Tagging:

Crap, I don't really know any other bloggers (who have not been tagged already) well enough to do that.

Lori? You're up next Doll.