Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Are you a series slut?

Ahem.... Anne? I ask because I came across this post at Sanctuary's Finest, and I have had many a spirited discussion about this among my friends. Personally, I read out of order all the time *gasp*. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Mostly because I usually come across a book that I think sounds interesting and I read it, only to discover later that it was part of a series. Now, I probably just gave Anne a flippin' heart attack. And many others.

So what about you? Are you a series slut?

2 People Gabbed:

Anne said...

Here's what I posted over there...

I have to read in order... HAVE TO. I'm VERY particular... if I get recommended or buy a book and notice that it's not the first one in the series, I have to get that one too... what really tweaks me is when I start reading a book and then notice that I'm reading out of order. I immediately STOP reading and read the books in order. Anal retentive? Yep. LOL

Mailyn said...

I have to read in order but starting from whichever book I start the series on. I don't care if I don't read the first few books but, say I start at #4 then I have to go to 5 or 6. I can skip in between like, say go from 4 to 7 if I don't care for the stories in between and I can start in the middle or later on in a series, again if I don't care for those stories, but whichever books from the series I decide to read have to be in order. even if I just read like $4 and then #10. lol.