Friday, March 03, 2006

What I'm Reading....

I've had Cheyenne McCray's Forbidden Magic on my TBR pile for quite some time and now I'm going to take the time to read it. To be honest, part of the reason I've put it off for so long is the mixed reviews.. but then I got to thinking, since when have I paid any attention to Amazon reviews?? Umm.. since never! So, I'm going to read it. I'm on chapter 4 and so far I'm enjoying it. I'll keep you posted.

Next on my TBR pile are three JD Robb books... Rapture in Death, Ceremony in Death, and Vengeance in Death. I'm new to the series so I get to devour book after book and I'm enjoying it immensely.

After those books, I've got Brenda Jackson's Unfinished Business and Susan Kearney's The Dare. Then when these arrive, I've got Christine Warren's Wolf at the Door: A Novel of The Others and Deirdre Martin's The Penalty Box. I loved Christine Warren's stories at Ellora's Cave so I'm hoping to love her stories in NY as well. And Deirdre Martin's got a great series going on with hockey players. Her first three books Body Check, Fair Play, and Total Rush were great reads, so I'm pretty sure that this one will be great as well.

What are you reading? And most of all, are you enjoying it?

5 People Gabbed:

Lori said...

You'll have to let me know how Penalty Box is. I thought the first one was great, then I've enjoyed them a little less with each one in the series. Which is too bad, because I loooove hockey! I hope this one is better :)

I've been in such a drought, that when I saw some books I wanted, I went wild. I just ordered a whole slew of books from both Harlequin and Amazon, and am just waiting for them to arrive. I've got coming:
Rachel Gibson's Sex, Lies and Online Dating;
Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter;
Liz Carlyle's Two Little Lies;
Julianne MacLean's Portrait of a Lover (can't wait to see how she redeems the horrid villain from the previous book!);
and 5 contemporaries, many of them SIMs coming from eHarlequin - I can't remember the titles. I know that one of them is the latest in Catherine Mann's Wingman Warrior series. Can't wait, because they are usually fast, easy, mindless reads. I could use some of that.

My Target and Walmart have both stopped carrying SIM. What's up with that?! I haven't been able to get a SIM for like 3 months. Lately, it's been one of the only series that I even like from Harlequin, so I'd really appreciate it if they would carry them LOL! Has anyone else noticed that?

Oh, almost forgot - I won a copy of Lauren Dane's Second Chances, so I'll be reading that one as well :)

OK, I'll shut up now LOLOL

Jennifer B. said...

I'm working my TBR list. Just finished Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas and will move on to It Happened One Autumn (so I can then read Devil In Winter).

Last night, I started Linda Howard's MacKenzie's Mountain. Nope, had never read it and am now rectifying that. After that, Joe MacKenzie's story.

I also have three Anne Stuart titles just in via the statewide library system--working through her backlist is one item on my TBR list. I did get her The Devil's Waltz--a new release, as well. So I'm not completely stuck in the 90s.

Seems I'm opposite most. Instead of devouring every new book out there and forcing myself to pick at least one book a month from my TBR list, I'm doing it the other way around. Powering through my TBR while allowing myself only one or two new releases a month. LOL

And Anne, if you call me anal-retentive again, I'm going to spit at you. *g*

Anne said...

Lori- I'm not much into historicals but Jen sent me some Lisa Kleypas books to read so I've got to read at least one to see if I like them... the only historical author I read is Sarah McCarty. LOL I've got Rachel Gibson's book on my TBR list... it's just a little further down because I've got so many right now! WOW!

OMG JEN! You are so going to love the MacKenzie's stories.... My favorite was the very last story... A Game Of Chance. *sigh* Gotta love a Military Man! LOL

And me call you anal-retentive? ME? Would I do that? *EG* And besides, spitting is unladylike. LOL

Lauren- I LOVE that series and like Lori I found that the last two weren't as good as the first two but I'm hoping this one makes up for that. *crossing fingers* Darn it.. I haven't read Second Chances yet either... Looks like I've got to add another one to the TBR list *G*

Lori said...

Jen - if I had a TBR pile, I'd work through it. My problem is that I read so fast, that I get through my TBR pile too damn fast then - poof - it's gone! LOLOL It's both a blessing and a curse.

Lauren, I've read everything on Rachel Gibson's list. Love her hockey titles most of all, but she just has a great sense of humor, doesn't she?

I think my problem is that I'm impatient LOL. When a favorite author releases a book, I can't wait to read it. Except those damn hardcover releases by Carly Phillips and Cherry Adair; those I have to wait for because I'm too poor! Suzanne Brockmann I have been known to break my no hardcover rule for. All I can say is thank goodness I am not hooked on Linda Howard or Nora Roberts or I might be totally broke - but at least those two are available at my library. No one else is!

Sam said...

I can't wait to read Chey's book - I never read reviews, to tell the truth.

I just finished reading a book I HATED, the book really SUCKED. I Was SO disappointed to have paid for it.
*sigh*
Oh well.